Home » Bike Specific Discussion and Help » Sports Tourers / Tourers » Heated Grips (Problem with heated grips on the crosstourer)
Heated Grips [message #296658] Fri, 09 December 2016 15:10 Go to next message
triumphstu is currently offline  triumphstu   United Kingdom
(1) Club Racer
I've just had a new Crosstourer (2016) and i seem to be having problems with the heated grips. They aren't very hot on the full setting, but as i ride they seem to go lower , like they are going onto the lowest setting. They were fitted by Honda as part of the deal, i've been back about them, they replaced the right hand grip and the control unit. That didn't seem to make any difference. So i went back again and they just say to me that they are working.
Has anyone else had any problems with these Honda heated grips ?
Re: Heated Grips [message #296661 is a reply to message #296658] Fri, 09 December 2016 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kakugo is currently offline  Kakugo   Italy
(17) Kevin Schwantz
Honda has two types of heated grips presently available: standard (with separate control unit) and sports (control unit inbuilt in the left grip).
I've had both and the former are probably the weakest I've ever had, and this includes cheap aftermarket ones. I am not surprised you feel they progressively lose heating power as you ride around in the cold air. The sports are another matter completely and with hindsight that's what Honda should have been offering all along.
Re: Heated Grips [message #296666 is a reply to message #296661] Fri, 09 December 2016 22:55 Go to previous message
slaz is currently offline  slaz   United Kingdom
(21) Valentino Rossi
Hiya Stu you think you've got problems Laugh

http://honda-forums.com/forum/index.php/t/28968-heated-grips /

Listen to Kak he's the man Thumbs Up
Previous Topic: ST1100
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 24 21:36:57 BST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02587 seconds