Honda-Forums.com

Batteries

Sat, 24 August 2019 21:06

Been having some bother with my battery on the R1 so I've swapped out for a lithium ion.

Think what did it is the GPS tracker I hadve installed, though the power draw for that should only be 10mA. It shouldn't really have killed it. First time it wouldn't start was after a weeks Holliday and it sitting idle.

FYI this is the tracker
https:// www.rewiresecurity.co.uk/db1-lite-compact-gps-tracker-tracki ng-device

Anyone have any experience with a lithium battery on their bike?

On a side note. It's less than a 1/3 the weight. Wich is nice...

General Discussion | 4 comments

Manual for Honda CBR750

English and Japanese versions; Thu, 22 August 2019 08:00

Translated this Manual from Japanese to English, dont speak a word of Japanese so took me a little time, as they where only produced for the domestic market there was never an English version,not perfect but easier than trying to understand the Japanese version , which I also uploaded to this site, so its easy to get hold of,placed it on this site because I have had quite a few manuals downloaded from them.
https://4-stroke.net/download/workshop-manuals/1635-workshop -manual-for-honda-cb750-hurricane-super-aero-rc27-1987.html

Workshop | 2 comments

CM400 wont pass 3000 rpm

Tue, 20 August 2019 15:11

Hello guys, my first post here Tongue
Ive been trying to restore a CM400T into a cafe racer, and had most of the bike taken apart, except the engine.
The bike had some issues before, staying in high rpm and leaking fuel, so i didnt bother much with riding it before i took it apart, and that is no longer an issue.

Problem is now, that once turned on the bike idles just fine, but when i rev it to about 3000 rpm it chokes and spits, and cant go any higher.
I removed the original intake box, and changed the jettings to a size that was recommended to me, but the bike did this prior to this.
I am by no means an expert in carburetors, but ive had it taken apart and cleaned all possible holes and channels and it seems in good shape.

Can anyone recognize this issue and explain to me what could be the cause? Is it the jets, the needle? any help would be appreciated since ive dealt with this for quite a while now, and im kinda stumped now think

Thanks in advance

Workshop | 11 comments

Different Forums

Mon, 19 August 2019 21:17

Anyone else on different forum's than this,i'm on loads,
with lots n lots of members,but this still feels like home Thumbs Up

General Discussion | 11 comments

Motorcycle Recycle

Feedback on a breakers in Colchester; Mon, 19 August 2019 12:03

Does anyone have any feedback on a motorcycle breakers in Colchester, Essex, they're called Motorcycle Recycle

General Discussion | 1 comment

Bike Identification

Fri, 16 August 2019 09:39

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=22462&private=0

Can anyone tell me what model this bike is? Its sitting in someones garden and i cant get to see the number plate..any ideas?

Thx

Andy

General Discussion | 2 comments

Tyres 120/190 for £99 Maxxis

Thu, 15 August 2019 18:29

Spotted this, no use to me as what little riding I do requires stickier rubber but might be suitable for someone

https://www.mandp.co.uk/products/maxxis-supermaxx-touring-ty re-pair-120-70-zr17-190-50-zr17-k-536162-536170

Use code WELCOME10 at checkout to get them down to £99 - Postage is free too

General Discussion | 4 comments

Ipad problem

Sat, 10 August 2019 21:07

Evening all,i've been given a Ipad Air A 1474,to fix (dont ask)
I dont know anything about it except it wont charge,so i take it to
bits and this is what i've found,any ideas please think think
/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=22454&private=0/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=22455&private=0

Technical Help | 33 comments

Internet Speed

Wed, 07 August 2019 19:50

Just a heads up, it's probably something you all already know but I'm a bit thick on IT topics Grin
I have been having problems with my internet speed for quite a while now and so a couple of weeks ago decided to upgrade to fibre.
I was only getting 2.5ish download and about 0.6 upload.
I've stuck with TalkTalk as they guaranteed me 35mb with fibre.
Anyhow the new connection has been in for just under 2 weeks and my speed tests have been indicating around 10mb down and almost the same up, this is using a WiFi connection which I have always done.
Feeling a bit pissed off I was all ready to wade into TalkTalk this weekend when their time for coming good on the promise kicks into effect, in the interim I asked my lad to bring his laptop across and tonight we plugged that directly into the router with an ethernet cable.
The result, 37mb+ download and about 13mb upload.
I really would not have believed that WiFi would slow the connection to that degree, the computer is one floor below the router with a WiFi booster approx 3.0m from where I'm now sat typing this.
So I've just ordered a 20m Cat6 ethernet cable and I'll route it down here one way or another Yes

Technical Help | 5 comments

Free

Mon, 29 July 2019 21:12

This any good to anyone think

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=22452&private=0

Workshop | 0 comments

Pages (1816): [ «    18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33    »]

Current Time: Wed Jul 06 07:53:46 BST 2022

Total time taken to generate the page: 3.27258 seconds