Honda-Forums.com

Most miles

Thu, 30 January 2020 21:32

Considering I rarely get out these days for numerous reasons like 6/12ths of the year its not warm and when it is I'm often busy or just can't be arsed to tog up, it got me thinking how many miles do you do roughly a year on your bike(s) and also other rough stats such as perhaps you all time record year (rough year/rough miles) or have you ever got the odometer on a bike to pass 99,999 miles etc etc

Me, I did <1000 last year and the year before and want to do more this year and right now while typing and not having ridden since the end of Sept I feel like I will end up doing more but then Spring/Summers arrives and the things in the first sentence get in the way Doh

I suspect my record on a bike is about 6/7000 in a year around the 1998-2001 which included a few Europe trips, out almost every sat or Sunday in the summer for 100-200 miles to the coast or North Yorks/Lakes, often one evening a week & not really stopping in winter so long as the roads were dry enough to get some grip.

General Discussion | 9 comments

Next scary thought

Thu, 30 January 2020 13:23

Hello everyone,,
Good old DVSA are now looking at changing the mot status again, basically to make vehicles over 40 years old excempt. Possibly 30 years but UK government favour 40 years in line with tax exemption. Could all come into law in 2018. At the moment it is vehicles before 1960.
Unfortunately, these crap unconnected link removed by admin good folk do not understand corrosion. The belief id that foilk that own these things know how to look after them and will rectify any problems. Pre 1960 vehicles are less common, but knowing some of the owners, it is frightning. The 40 year rule allows lots of big engined cars that were produced in the worst years of corrosion, even more worrying
Doing MoT testing and seeing cars from this era is quite worrying. If/when its approived, beware and avoid old vehicles on the road. Consultation time is only a week and I only saw the info on an MoT forum.

General Discussion | 11 comments

Ebay

Fri, 24 January 2020 19:34

How is ebay managing to know what items I am viewing, and even what items the wife is looking at on a different computer, when I am not logged in.
I do notice that my name is always visible in the top left hand corner whether I am logged in or not.
Can I prevent this??

Technical Help | 7 comments

So many site's

Thu, 23 January 2020 21:23

and not enough time for everyone,hope your all ok,
Facebook and Youtube will be the death of me eek

General Discussion | 10 comments

Condensation

Condensation ; Sat, 18 January 2020 19:29

Hi I have a 2019 Honda CB1100 RS and there is some condensation in the digital display
I went to the dealer I got bike from and they told me this was normal.
Does anyone know if that's right ?
It sounds like they where fobbing me off saying it was a bit damp at the moment and they said it was as not totally sealed as there is wires going in to it ?
Not going to name dealer but not very impressed with there explanation.
Can anyone shed any light on this
Cheers

Workshop | 3 comments

A few short ones

Thu, 16 January 2020 10:16

I went to the Library to borrow a book on English Grammar but someone had already tookened it out

I just heard a woodpecker call me a paranoid twat in morse code.

My 5 year old son said he wanted a treehouse in the back garden...
...20 years growing a tree and now he doesn't want it anymore...ungrateful little shit!

How much no more tears shampoo do you have to rub in a baby's eyes before it stops crying?

A Liverpool pensioner has died and left all his worldly possessions to complete strangers.
Although they were the original owners.

What is it with these people that refuse to embrace modern technology?
Answers on a postcard to the usual address.

Humour and Jokes | 2 comments

Help

Mon, 13 January 2020 09:56

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=22514&private=0

Humour and Jokes | 1 comment

Cave men

Sat, 11 January 2020 20:22

A caveman chips away at a piece of flint thus creating the 1st knife ..
His friend says "wow thats even better than that bread stuff grog invented last year"

The cave man grabs some bread and the knife and says "well what I'm going to do next, is going to blow your fucking mind ".

Humour and Jokes | 1 comment

Ultrasonic Cleaner

Thu, 09 January 2020 16:32

Has anyone bought one yet? think
They aren't cheap but prices have come down a long way in the last couple of years.

I am mostly interested to learn if they clean filthy parts like they say on the box: given what I spend in solvents each year one would pay itself back rather quickly, especially considering the "exclusive fluid" used is dirt cheap to produce. Wink

I am interested in opinions/experiences etc.

Thanks.

Workshop | 6 comments

Lost Email

Fri, 03 January 2020 21:16

Hi all,i have a mate who lives in Bulgaria,he has,,,had a Gmail address,
now it wont let him in,he's put in the correct password,he's also put
in the correct confirmation number they sent him,and it keeps binning
him off,he's not techno minded,so any help would be appreciated think
If its a PITA dont worry about it at all ok

Technical Help | 2 comments

Pages (1807): [ «    3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18    »]

Current Time: Thu Dec 03 16:32:46 GMT 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 2.48942 seconds