Honda-Forums.com

CM400 wont pass 3000 rpm

Tue, 20 August 2019 15:11

Hello guys, my first post here Tongue
Ive been trying to restore a CM400T into a cafe racer, and had most of the bike taken apart, except the engine.
The bike had some issues before, staying in high rpm and leaking fuel, so i didnt bother much with riding it before i took it apart, and that is no longer an issue.

Problem is now, that once turned on the bike idles just fine, but when i rev it to about 3000 rpm it chokes and spits, and cant go any higher.
I removed the original intake box, and changed the jettings to a size that was recommended to me, but the bike did this prior to this.
I am by no means an expert in carburetors, but ive had it taken apart and cleaned all possible holes and channels and it seems in good shape.

Can anyone recognize this issue and explain to me what could be the cause? Is it the jets, the needle? any help would be appreciated since ive dealt with this for quite a while now, and im kinda stumped now think

Thanks in advance

Workshop | 11 comments

Different Forums

Mon, 19 August 2019 21:17

Anyone else on different forum's than this,i'm on loads,
with lots n lots of members,but this still feels like home Thumbs Up

General Discussion | 11 comments

Motorcycle Recycle

Feedback on a breakers in Colchester; Mon, 19 August 2019 12:03

Does anyone have any feedback on a motorcycle breakers in Colchester, Essex, they're called Motorcycle Recycle

General Discussion | 1 comment

Bike Identification

Fri, 16 August 2019 09:39

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=22462&private=0

Can anyone tell me what model this bike is? Its sitting in someones garden and i cant get to see the number plate..any ideas?

Thx

Andy

General Discussion | 2 comments

Tyres 120/190 for £99 Maxxis

Thu, 15 August 2019 18:29

Spotted this, no use to me as what little riding I do requires stickier rubber but might be suitable for someone

https://www.mandp.co.uk/products/maxxis-supermaxx-touring-ty re-pair-120-70-zr17-190-50-zr17-k-536162-536170

Use code WELCOME10 at checkout to get them down to £99 - Postage is free too

General Discussion | 4 comments

Ipad problem

Sat, 10 August 2019 21:07

Evening all,i've been given a Ipad Air A 1474,to fix (dont ask)
I dont know anything about it except it wont charge,so i take it to
bits and this is what i've found,any ideas please think think
/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=22454&private=0/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=22455&private=0

Technical Help | 33 comments

Internet Speed

Wed, 07 August 2019 19:50

Just a heads up, it's probably something you all already know but I'm a bit thick on IT topics Grin
I have been having problems with my internet speed for quite a while now and so a couple of weeks ago decided to upgrade to fibre.
I was only getting 2.5ish download and about 0.6 upload.
I've stuck with TalkTalk as they guaranteed me 35mb with fibre.
Anyhow the new connection has been in for just under 2 weeks and my speed tests have been indicating around 10mb down and almost the same up, this is using a WiFi connection which I have always done.
Feeling a bit pissed off I was all ready to wade into TalkTalk this weekend when their time for coming good on the promise kicks into effect, in the interim I asked my lad to bring his laptop across and tonight we plugged that directly into the router with an ethernet cable.
The result, 37mb+ download and about 13mb upload.
I really would not have believed that WiFi would slow the connection to that degree, the computer is one floor below the router with a WiFi booster approx 3.0m from where I'm now sat typing this.
So I've just ordered a 20m Cat6 ethernet cable and I'll route it down here one way or another Yes

Technical Help | 5 comments

Free

Mon, 29 July 2019 21:12

This any good to anyone think

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=22452&private=0

Workshop | 0 comments

The future of biking?

Tue, 23 July 2019 00:07

So I was lucky enough to test-ride one of these today.

https://ride-ct.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Zero-sfr-blue.jpg

€20k for the basic model. The only difference between that and the top of the range is the built-in charger, heated grips and a fly screen.

Is it the future of biking? I don't know.

Got used to the no sound thing really quickly but... It's a complete lunatic of a bike.
Fair enough I had it in the full Power, full engine braking and so forth setting. But the range was terrible.
Set off with it telling me it had 156km of range left, I did 40 km and it had 35 km left.

So in full power mode, it does about 1/3 the advertised range.

The way it makes power though. It basically has two speeds. Stop and warp 9. ImOut

Not sure its the right bike for me. I mean atm I really want one but I'm worried I'd lose my license really fast.
There's not much feedback on how fast you are going. It's all feel.

Found myself at silly lean angles on roads I drive every day and wouldn't normally take that fast.
It's just really hard not to use all the power all the time.

It's just so effortless. It has all the modern features, ABS, anti-wheelie, traction control.
Don't know if that's what it was as I've never ridden a bike with any of those aides but the bike was just unflappable.

Had me looking like this when I got off. Grin It is huge amounts of fun, there's just no other way of explaining it...
Fully slamming that throttle open and going from 0 to 170 is almost unbelievable, just so instant.
I mean for outright acceleration is probably less than my R1 but the power is just so linear.

Anyway, I do like it. Would love to have one but for commuting on and the occasional bonkers local ride.
The real downside is the range, I know we all love being silly buggers from time to time and this bike just doesn't get you far enough.
I just really don't like the idea of having to sit for hours to let the bike recharge...

General Discussion | 9 comments

Honda CB125s 1974 spark plug question

Mon, 22 July 2019 17:33

Hi. This is my first post on here and maybe a stupid question but it has me stumped. Recently completed a full rebuild of a cb125s 1974 model and am having starting issues. Now I went back to basics and started with fuel/spark etc. I have fuel going in that isn't a problem but I'm having a problem with the spark.

So.... if I take the spark plug out and hover it about 3-4mm off the engine case and kick it over I get a nice big bright spark. But if I place the spark plug so it actually touches the engine case usually on the threaded part of the plug and I kick it over I don't get a spark at all.

All the videos on YouTube I've watched says to touch the spark pug on the engine case so it grounds and it should spark once turned over. What am I doing wrong? Do I have a bad ground somewhere? The frame has been powder coated but my main frame ground is bare metal so good contact is made.

Any help would be much appreciated as I'm literally stumped and my leg is getting bored of kicking it over!

Thanks
Simon

Workshop | 2 comments

Pages (1808): [ «    10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25    »]

Current Time: Sun Jan 24 18:26:07 GMT 2021

Total time taken to generate the page: 2.47112 seconds