Honda-Forums.com

Well it's official

Sat, 01 June 2019 16:09

I'm now Dutch....

Still need to swear allegiance to the king and all.
Will be doing that with my Dad at the same time. That's kinda cool.
Kids are now also Dutch.

Thanks Cameron. Fucking Brexit.

General Discussion | 2 comments

CD125S black wire needs to go somewhere

Wiring issue to resolve; Mon, 27 May 2019 21:14

Hi Guys,

Recently acquired a very cool project - a 1970's era CD125S which has a black wire just dangling from next to the HT coil that surely needs to go somewhere. Any ideas anyone? There isn't a spark at present and thought maybe this could be the problem child.

I've attached a picture - this from under the fuel tank. Thank you in advance for any assistance provided

Workshop | 2 comments

Good Dealer Gone Bad

Mon, 27 May 2019 10:49

The BMW dealership my brother and I have buying bikes from for years now has been having a lot of problems lately. While so far I personally can only complain about my old "faithful customer" discount for spare parts having gone up in smoke, to say my brother isn't happy would be the understatement of the year: for him to file an official complaint with BMW it takes a lot. Serves him right to buy a K1600GTL. Wink

The worst part is there's nobody to take care of the bike section anymore: the old manager left a few months ago so now you literally don't know whom to take your complaints to or merely to ask for advice. The guy was ready to go to very long lengths to keep customers happy and I think he sold hundreds of bikes on his word alone.
I have found that sitting down to solve problems like adults work in the 80% of cases, but there needs to be somebody the other side to sit down with. Here I only see low level employees who obviously glance nervously over their shoulder to see if they'll be replaced with somebody cheaper. If somebody is in charge, he's surely happy to hide himself. think

If my brother doesn't have the dealership closed down next week, I plan to demand to meet whoever's in charge of the bikes now to have a little friendly chat. If he's not available that day I am sure I can find half an hour in my schedule to meet him.
My idea is that if they have internal problems they cannot solve in the short run, faithful customers should be at least notified that service won't be up to scratch for a while. While they may think there are few alternatives to BMW now if you want a decent bike, they aren't the only BMW dealer within riding distance, if you catch my drift.
But you do. Let's see if they catch it as well. think

General Discussion | 9 comments

Heads Up, Windows 7 is near End of Life

Wed, 22 May 2019 23:32

Just some info for anyone still running Windows 7. Microsoft is stopping mainstream support for Windows 7 in Jan 2020. After that date there will be no more security patches available in windows update so while the operating system is still great, it may be vunerable to new exploits while browsing internet etc

The good news is if you have Windows 7 you can still update to Windows 10 for free, takes about 1-2 hours

1) Download this Windows 10 media creater https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 (its the Download Tool Now link you need, not the Windows 10 May 2019 Update although the tool may well install that newest version of Windows 10, if not Windows 10 Update will upgrade you to the latest May 2019 Windows 10 in due course)
2) If you wish to keep ALL Windows 7 installed programs and documents, then choose UPGRADE THIS PC rather than creating Windows 10 ISO/DVD/USB stick
3) Upgrade this PC will do everything for you, it'll download the Win10 files, save off Windows 7 as C:\Windows.old and migrate your programs and data to Windows 10
4) Once the PC has rebooted a few times, it'll load up Windows 10 and besides a few clicks to choose some preferences, it'll be done and it should be activated
5) As Windows 7 is saved, it is possible to ROLLBACK to Windows 7 if you don't get on with Win10 but odds are you'll stick with it

Caveates
1) You can only update like for like. Eg if your running Windows 7 Home 32bit, you'll be upgraded to Windows 10 Home 32bit. You can't use this option to change from 32bit Windows 7 (with its 4GB maximum memory limit) to 64bit Windows 10
2) Only do this if your Windows 7 key is legit. eg your PC is branded and came preinstalled with Windows 7 and perhaps has some sort of Windows 7 sticker to say so or you bought Windows 7 in a retail box with serial number
3) likely the Windows 10 install will be smaller than Windows 7 as lots of crap will be stripped out such as old Windows 7 updates. You'll not notice this extra space on your disk as Windows 7 is stil archived to C:\Windows.old but you can use Windows 10 "free disk space" option that cleans up old crap to tick the option to "remove old windows" once your sure you don't want to go back to Windows 7

BTW, I've done 5 or 6 of these Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrades in the last week remotely using Teamviewer, all went smoothly and took approx 1 hour + some more time setting some preferences in Windows 10 such as replacing Windows 10 start menu (which I personally dislike) with Open Shell which gives the Start Menu a Windows 7 look

Any quetions, please ask

Technical Help | 1 comment

Hey y'all

Sun, 19 May 2019 15:01

Good to see this place is still going.

How's everyone doing?

General Discussion | 9 comments

CB250 K4 carb settings

Occasional hesitancy; Tue, 14 May 2019 11:22

Good morning everybody,

I'm looking for some advice on getting my CB250 K4 running sweetly.
I have recently had electronic ignition fitted, and have serviced the carbs with new O rings, jets needles etc.

The problem I have is that every now and then (10 - 20 miles) the bike hesitates and sometimes cuts out, as if I've run out of fuel. After waiting two minutes the bike re-starts and runs normally until the next time.

Is this a float height issue? As I said, all jets and needles are new and has new O rings throughout. The bike runs fine until it hesitates/stutters, usually when going uphill or is under load (3/4 to full throttle). If I slow down it sometimes picks up again.

Any ideas?

Jeffers100

Workshop | 9 comments

600 rr base maps

Mon, 13 May 2019 21:06

searching about ECU base maps for honda 600rr engine 2005 A/F , VE ,Ignition maps
or at least i need the stock ECU maps for this engine

Technical Help | 1 comment

Recommendation for 2017 Civic EX Mods

Tue, 07 May 2019 10:07

Hello everyone,

So I started to slowly get into car modding.

I recently purchased exterior LED lights to replace the halogen bulbs with white LED lights, and similar things for the interior as well.

However, other than this, I was wondering what other stuff I can do, as well what you guys would recommend to mod in my Civic EX, it isn't an Si, so I don't know if I can do much, but I do want to start modding some stuff with it. I was thinking of hard-wiring my dash cam and radar detector as well since I don't like how the wires are taking up some place, but not sure what I can do besides that.

General Discussion | 12 comments

600 rr base maps

Mon, 06 May 2019 19:35

searching for a ecu base map for tuning 600rr engine 2005 with megasquirt standalone ecu

I want a A/F ratio , Volumetric efficiency , ignition base maps urgently plz !!!

General Discussion | 0 comments

Pages (1808): [ «    13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28    »]

Current Time: Sun Jan 24 18:22:19 GMT 2021

Total time taken to generate the page: 2.94511 seconds