Who win the election[ 17 votes ]
1. Tories 6 / 35%
2. Labour 1 / 6%
3. Lib Dems 2 / 12%
4. Hung Parliament (LibDem/Tory Pact) 7 / 41%
5. Hung Parliament (LibDem/Labour Pact) 1 / 6%

What will be the result tomorrow

*All voting here is anonymous smile

I'll add my votes after a few other anon votes have gone on otherwise my votes won't be anon Laugh

[Updated on: Wed, 05 May 2010 23:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Voting [message #211586 is a reply to message #211585] Wed, 05 May 2010 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kermit is currently offline  Kermit   United Kingdom
(22) Giacomo Agostini

Who are you voting for[ 18 votes ]
1. Tories 6 / 33%
2. Labour 1 / 6%
3. Lib Dems 4 / 22%
4. UKIP 2 / 11%
5. BNP or Greens (might as well lump these no hopers together) 1 / 6%
6. None of the above 2 / 11%
7. cba to walk the polling station / none 2 / 11%

and who are you voting for smile

[Updated on: Wed, 05 May 2010 23:11]

Re: Voting [message #211642 is a reply to message #211585] Thu, 06 May 2010 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ybikerdon is currently offline  ybikerdon   United Kingdom
(8) Moto2 GP Racer
B.I.G.O.T........

Brown Is Gone On Thursday
Re: Voting [message #211646 is a reply to message #211585] Thu, 06 May 2010 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(22) Giacomo Agostini
Clap Laugh
Re: Voting [message #211671 is a reply to message #211646] Thu, 06 May 2010 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
streeky is currently offline  streeky   France
(21) Valentino Rossi
Laugh Thumbs Up
Re: Voting [message #211695 is a reply to message #211585] Thu, 06 May 2010 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(22) Giacomo Agostini
Exit polls and first 3 results suggest its going to be a hung parliament which from me I think is a good thing Thumbs Up

Has anyone played with the BBC Seat Calculator?

What I find disturbing is if you alter the pie chart to roughly 33.3% to each of the main parties it would give labour 322 seats, Torys 206 and LibDem 98 - is this all down to labour making boundary changes over the last 13 years or what? think

index.php?t=getfile&id=15940&private=0

[Updated on: Thu, 06 May 2010 23:50]

Re: Voting [message #211697 is a reply to message #211585] Fri, 07 May 2010 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DrMartin is currently offline  DrMartin   United Kingdom
(18) Geoff Duke
Yes.

I'll be staying up all night watching this fiasco unfold (I always do).

As for a hung parliament? It's not going to work. If that's the result there will be another election very soon.

In the meantime the markets will tumble and christ knows what else will start crashing down around our ears.

This might be an historic event but no good is going to come out of it.

[Updated on: Fri, 07 May 2010 00:51]

Re: Voting [message #211700 is a reply to message #211697] Fri, 07 May 2010 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RWB929 is currently offline  RWB929   United Kingdom
(13) MotoGP Champion
DrMartin wrote on Fri, 07 May 2010 00:42

This might be an historic event but no good is going to come out of it.

Will that be because neither of the two major parties will actually look into why they haven't secured enough votes and change their policy/plans to what the people of the UK would like?
You never know.. one of them might sit up and actually take something on board from this...
Re: Voting [message #211710 is a reply to message #211585] Fri, 07 May 2010 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kakugo is currently offline  Kakugo   Italy
(18) Geoff Duke
This election proved a number of things:

1)Tories haven't had a single charismatic character ever since the Iron Lady stepped down. Their "personalities" from the past fifteen years make even John Major look like a crowd magnet.

2)Whigs managed to give the country the coup de grace but they also managed to build themselves a very strong captive-client voting base. That despite Brown's catastrophically inept government they were able to limit damages and be still there should ring a million alarm bells in the minds of all Britons who still think "clientele" voting is limited to the most backward parts of the world.

3)Gordon Brown is even worse than any of us thought. He lost the General election, not badly, but still lost it. Yet he shows no signs of stepping down and will attempt (and perhaps even manage) to stay in charge whatever it takes.

4)Lib-Dems grew a tiny bit (though they lost a number of seats) but all in the end there was much ado about nothing. They didn't differentiate their offering enough from the other two main parties to attract voters. That Clegg was made the darling of a personality-hungry media industry was not enough to hide the fact his party's manifesto didn't offer anything new on the menu.

Re: Voting [message #211737 is a reply to message #211710] Fri, 07 May 2010 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(18) Geoff Duke
Kakugo wrote on Fri, 07 May 2010 10:05
This election proved a number of things:

3)Gordon Brown is even worse than any of us thought. He lost the General election, not badly, but still lost it. Yet he shows no signs of stepping down and will attempt (and perhaps even manage) to stay in charge whatever it takes.

That's the one thing that doesn't surprise me at all, given the manner of his getting the job in the first place. The man has no shame whatsoever. Arrogance doesn't even come into it.

If this was Latin America the 'people' would be out in the streets but it isn't, it's Britain so we just muddle along and moan about it. But I'm also tempted to think that if the boot was on the other foot, and it was a Tory who was refusing to accept defeat, then the organised left (extremists etc) WOULD be out on the streets. The problem in Britain is that the 'right' isn't organised in the same way - mostly because they are too busy working to support themselves - unlike the parasitic, 'rent-a-Trot' layabout lefties!

[Updated on: Fri, 07 May 2010 17:04]

Re: Voting [message #211740 is a reply to message #211737] Fri, 07 May 2010 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
streeky is currently offline  streeky   France
(21) Valentino Rossi
Quick reply Box.. this is cool smile

[Updated on: Fri, 07 May 2010 17:25]

Re: Voting [message #211743 is a reply to message #211585] Fri, 07 May 2010 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
VTRsp2 is currently offline  VTRsp2   United Kingdom
(8) Moto2 GP Racer
Yeah gotta agree with what's been said so far.
The only way to get Brown out of Number 10 will be to carry him out, the man would sell his own kids just to stay there Twisted Evil

....& yes Kermit that is disturbing, but not surprising. I believe that Labour rejigged the boundary's for the exact reason to keep the Conservatives out....some democracy that is Sad

I reckon if a deal is reached it'll only last a yr or two then we'll be in for another election. If not, then we'll be going to the polls again in six months or so.......in the meantime, the country will slide further into the shit Sad

[Updated on: Fri, 07 May 2010 17:45]

Re: Voting [message #213486 is a reply to message #211743] Thu, 27 May 2010 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(22) Giacomo Agostini
Whats everyones views on the coalition and whats happened over the last few weeks?

So far I like the way its working out with the LibDems realising that a good slice of power is better than no power at all and going into gov with the Tories who I voted for. Its like the having the far right of the the tory party toned down a bit but without going too far to the left like labour and the lib dems own policies which I always thought were closer to labour than tory.

We're still in deep shit, but I'm liking the joined up and balanced approach to policies so far Thumbs Up

That said, £6 billion cuts isn't enough if you look at the sort of cuts Spain and Greece are having to make. We're in deficit each year by a similar %GDP (but higher in £) to them and they're cutting 15 billion or so.

How would you save another 10-20 billion a year without affecting the economy and public services too much?

Me I'd start by reducing any public employee whose salary is >£100K a year to £100K at year at most or maybe even £80K. This includes Judges, Dr's, Council leaders, politicians, dentists and civil servants

Dentists should also incidentally be forced to choose to between being either NHS or Private but NOT both. If they want more than the very reasonable £80-120K a year they can earn in the NHS then they should be forced to go it alone and see how many private patients are really prepared to pay for private treatment....I think you'll find soon enough you have lots more NHS dentists who are happy with a guaranteed £100k a year but as it stands atm, they can take NHS money and private and I bet they fiddle it so even if they only do 3 days NHS a week and 2 private, they somehow manage to take more than 3/5ths pro-rata of the nhs money Wall

[Updated on: Thu, 27 May 2010 00:45]

Re: Voting [message #213487 is a reply to message #211585] Thu, 27 May 2010 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(18) Geoff Duke
Things seem to be panning out a lot more smoothly than I anticipated but I'm not holding my breath. I've just got this nagging doubt that the two parties will have an almighty row at some point and blow it all apart - which would be a shame. It all seems just a bit too easy at the moment ...

I'm not unhappy about anything that the coalition has done yet and it's good to see them unpicking a lot of the crap that Labour stitched up.

As for the spending cuts? What a mess. But that's always what you get when Labour are in power. They raid the piggy bank and then the Tories have to come along and clear up the mess. Then the tories do something to upset everyone - but usually leave the finances in order - and Labour get back in and spend it all on expanding the public sector.

As for where and what to cut ... I'm think they are looking in all the right places but it doesn't seem to be anywhere near enough does it?

I know we currently spend more on Social Security benefits than we collect in income tax, so that's where I'd start looking a bit more closely.

[Updated on: Thu, 27 May 2010 01:15]

Re: Voting [message #213516 is a reply to message #211585] Thu, 27 May 2010 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(8) Moto2 GP Racer
Well it's only been a couple of weeks, but so far I'm happy with what's happening & agree with what's already been said above Thumbs Up
Something that does appear to be quite impressive is the way both party's appear to be making a go of it & trying to make it work.

One of the great things about all this is the way the Labour party have been caught of guard, as they always thought the Lib Dems would blindly jump into bed with Labour Laugh

As for what I'd do? The 'social' would be cut to a bare minimum to live, if they can afford a mobile phone/PS3/tv/fags/booze etc then they're getting way to much IMO, & the one's that refuse to do work that's offered would have their benefit stopped until they do .....for as long as I can remember the lazy have had a free ride on the back of my (& everyone else that works) taxes, but Labour have been far too generous.
All the 'non jobs' would go like the 5 a day co-ordinators for example.
People wouldn't be able to use the NHS for enhancing surgery....boob jobs etc. Surgeons/consultants who work for the NHS & wish to do private op's would have to do so after they've done their NHS work (ie 40hrs/wk) & if they wish to use an NHS facility to do so would be charged a business rate.
Privatise the BBC & cancel the licence fee. The BBC would have to compete for their share of the market like every other media company & wouldn't be able to 'rely' on a guaranteed income.

....that'll do for starters Grin

[Updated on: Thu, 27 May 2010 19:47]

Re: Voting [message #213528 is a reply to message #213516] Thu, 27 May 2010 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(22) Giacomo Agostini
Agree with everything bar the BBC, personally I think its worth the cost for keeping the quality of TV in the uk generally good and a lot better than other european countries without anything similar. If the bbc was advertising funded then initially at least it would grab about 30-40% of advertising revenue available and that would see itv, c4, c5 and sky etc all going further down the trashy tv route and cheap imported crap. Then of course over time it'd all decent to the level of US tv were ratings is everything Wall

+ its nice to watch TV without breaks now and again. Anyone noticed over the last 5 years how many extra adverts (I count about 8-10 on average on ITV/Cable) are being squeezed into programs every 15mins or so at max

[Updated on: Thu, 27 May 2010 21:11]

Re: Voting [message #213599 is a reply to message #211585] Fri, 28 May 2010 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(8) Moto2 GP Racer
Kermit, I agree to a certain extent. But one of the things that does get on my pip is the lefty bias the BBC have had for a considerable time now, to the point where they're a subtly campaigning/preaching on behalf of the Labour party. It's like having a 'The Guardian' channel RollEyes Now if I wanted to buy & read the Guardian I would, but I don't & object to being forced to pay for it Sad
It's got to the point in recent years where I hardly watch the BBC news because of how lefty biased they are, but instead watch the ITV news. Certainly leading up to, & throughout the election, ITV's political editor, Tom Bradbury, was by far the most balanced reporter/journalist I've seen for a long time Thumbs Up

Got to agree with you about adverts tho, there's nothing worse than watching a program & 5mins after the start there's a bloomin ad break RollEyes Sad
Re: Voting [message #213603 is a reply to message #213528] Fri, 28 May 2010 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quazi is currently offline  Quazi   United Kingdom
(22) Giacomo Agostini
Kermit wrote on Thu, 27 May 2010 21:08
Agree with everything bar the BBC, personally I think its worth the cost for keeping the quality of TV in the uk generally good and a lot better than other european countries without anything similar. If the bbc was advertising funded then initially at least it would grab about 30-40% of advertising revenue available and that would see itv, c4, c5 and sky etc all going further down the trashy tv route and cheap imported crap. Then of course over time it'd all decent to the level of US tv were ratings is everything Wall

+ its nice to watch TV without breaks now and again. Anyone noticed over the last 5 years how many extra adverts (I count about 8-10 on average on ITV/Cable) are being squeezed into programs every 15mins or so at max

Totally mate, I don't watch it now purely because the adverts make me want to stick my foot through the screen, because of the quantity being rammed down my throat and spoiling my "Viewing pleasure!"

It can be as much as a scheduled 3 hour programme being subjected to 10 ad breaks at 4 mins each, so you are subjected to 40 mins of ads, would you seriously sit there for 40 mins to absorb that shite?

Wall

Watch more and more on BBC Iplayer now anyway, my choice. Thumbs Up

[Updated on: Fri, 28 May 2010 18:06]

Re: Voting [message #213613 is a reply to message #211585] Fri, 28 May 2010 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(18) Geoff Duke
Hardly ever watch it now. Only there for the odd GP or F1. Had it on all through the election and now just have Sky News on in the mornings because I can't stand to listen to Chris Evans on the Radio. Thumb Down Thumb Down Thumb Down Sky news isn't as leftie as BBC News 24 Thumbs Up

[Updated on: Fri, 28 May 2010 19:46]

Re: Voting [message #213649 is a reply to message #211585] Fri, 28 May 2010 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Quazi is currently offline  Quazi   United Kingdom
(22) Giacomo Agostini
Radio DM, now there's another thing entirely! What is it about DJ's that all they want to do is subject us to their own voices spilling out hours of bilge in between the odd tune. Wall

That Chris Evans does nothing but talk shite, be over enthusiastic about absolutely everything, whilst homing in on yet another opportunity to tell us all about his own adventures of even more shite.

Or is it just me? RollEyes

Laugh

[Updated on: Fri, 28 May 2010 21:21]

Previous Topic: Scary times...
Next Topic: Gearbox
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 23 19:05:36 BST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01976 seconds