Honda-Forums.com
Home » General » General Discussion » Who still rides on the road, off road/on track or what not
Who still rides on the road, off road/on track or what not [message #286033] Mon, 06 October 2014 15:18 Go to next message
Kermit is currently offline  Kermit   United Kingdom
(22) Giacomo Agostini

Which fits your riding habits best[ 14 votes ]
1. Regular Road Rider (All Year) 4 / 29%
2. Casual Road Rider (possibly only when weather is nice) 6 / 43%
3. Road and Track Day rider 0 / 0%
4. Road and Off Road mostly 2 / 14%
5. Off road only 0 / 0%
6. On Track Only 2 / 14%
7. I don't have a bike anymore/never did 0 / 0%
8. Whats a motorbike? 0 / 0%

So who here still rides a 'bike', what sort (road, off road, race), how much time do you spend on each or have you given up but still like the things?

I've done a poll but its safe to say the 1st vote is mine and I fit the "Casual Road Rider (possibly only when weather is nice)" option nicely...for the last 4/5 years I can only remember buying 6 months tax (Apr-Sept) and in that time probably not managing much more than 1500 miles/year except maybe 3 years back when last went to Germany and only had a single road bike (the Blade) for 3 years now excluding the odd second bike like the here today, sold 4 months later TDM.

I had a bit of a vague recollection last night while waiting for sleep of the days (1998-2008 roughly) when I'd be out just for the fun of riding to someewhere mostly trying stick to dry roads in the winter but still going out if it was 50/50 on wet roads, cold and frozen hands so long as there was coffee available at the destination....those days are gone Laugh

[Updated on: Mon, 06 October 2014 15:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Who still rides on the road, off road/on track or what not [message #286034 is a reply to message #286033] Mon, 06 October 2014 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quazi is currently offline  Quazi   United Kingdom
(22) Giacomo Agostini
You bored Kermit? Laugh
Re: Who still rides on the road, off road/on track or what not [message #286038 is a reply to message #286033] Mon, 06 October 2014 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kakugo is currently online  Kakugo   Italy
(18) Geoff Duke
I am actually getting worse with age.

On Friday I went riding the Gorges d'Ardeche just because. Wink
Two years ago I rode home late in the evening with the BMW ice warning flashing all the time... temperature was a nice and cozy -6.5°C.

The only problem I have is riding around here is becoming a nightmare. This year I've ridden very little around the local hunting grounds... luckily getting to Spain, Austria and France is a breeze on the BMW. Grin
Re: Who still rides on the road, off road/on track or what not [message #286044 is a reply to message #286038] Tue, 07 October 2014 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR SP2 is currently offline  MR SP2   United Kingdom
(4) WSS Racer
I have two bikes still, an SV650 which I use all year round but not in wet weather. Any excuse to use the bike instead of the car. Wink I also have the 2007 SP2 for very dry, sunny days. I keep thinking I should grow up and get something more sensible but then I go in the garage , look at it and it changes my mind. smile

Not much of a track day merchant, the SV is too small and I'm too loathe to risk dropping the SP2 but I did go on an IAM skills day at Thruxton last month. Had an absolute blast and came away with a huge grin but completely knackered. One proviso - never do one of these events with your son, it doesn't do the ego any favours at all! Get your coat

[imgindex.php?t=getfile&id=21335&private=0<br/><br/><br/><br/>]index.php?t=getfile&id=21336&private=0[/img]
Re: Who still rides on the road, off road/on track or what not [message #286047 is a reply to message #286044] Tue, 07 October 2014 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kermit is currently offline  Kermit   United Kingdom
(22) Giacomo Agostini
I remember the feeling with the walk to the garage and my SP1 and still get it with the 929 but to a lesser degree. Keep it is my advice as I've considered changing the 929 for an SP1/2 over the last few years as remember the difference 3-4 years back only being about a grand but now the prices people are asking for used SP1 and 2 are usually £5K+ for an SP1 and £6K+ for an SP2.

Not sure how many are getting what they ask for, but certainly an appreciating classic Thumbs Up

Re: Who still rides on the road, off road/on track or what not [message #286048 is a reply to message #286047] Tue, 07 October 2014 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR SP2 is currently offline  MR SP2   United Kingdom
(4) WSS Racer
Yes, I have just renewed my insurance, I had it insured for £6.5k but was advised to up it to £7.5. Fortunately it didn't alter the premium but you wonder what they would pay out. Both "Ride" and "Performance Bikes" have done recent articles on the SP2s suggesting they are appreciating if in good condition. Time will tell but I think I'm going to keep mine for a while yet. I'm now thinking in terms of a CB1000R or a Speed Triple to replace the SV650. All I need is the cash to spare, being a poor pensioner. Confused
Re: Who still rides on the road, off road/on track or what not [message #286049 is a reply to message #286048] Tue, 07 October 2014 12:58 Go to previous message
RWB929 is currently offline  RWB929   United Kingdom
(13) MotoGP Champion
I ride to work when the weathers dry, and do an odd trackday when the weather looks like it'll be dry, but probably spend more time on the CRF green laneing and doing Enduro fun days, I find the off road stuff more fun, cheaper to do and cheaper to repair when I fall off smile

[Updated on: Tue, 07 October 2014 12:59]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Oh COME ON!
Next Topic: level crossings
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 23 19:21:02 BST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01406 seconds