Honda-Forums.com
Home » General » Workshop » sc exhaust (newbie advice)
sc exhaust [message #299356] Fri, 11 May 2018 22:23 Go to next message
wessa1 is currently offline  wessa1   United Kingdom
(1) Club Racer
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z295/wessa1_2007/Captureex.jpg

picking up my first cbr1000rr on a 12 plate at the weekend,being new to the bike i need some advice,has the above end can and box fitted,is the box replaceable with a link pipe,is it restricting the grunt from the can ? im guessing its a muffler and the clue is in it's name smile

if you don,t know you don,t know smile

Re: sc exhaust [message #299359 is a reply to message #299356] Sat, 12 May 2018 19:12 Go to previous message
Kakugo is currently offline  Kakugo   Italy
(18) Geoff Duke
Full racing exhausts for the SC77 do exist, but are big £££. You are looking forward to something like this:

http://harc-pro.sakura.ne.jp/wordpress/shop/files/2012/05/2012CBR1000ex.jpg

with each section formed separately and then hand welded to each other. Of course I am sure our good friends from Eastern Europe and Asia can offer copies costing a fraction and a fraction as good. Wink

Unless building a track bike (where a cheap exhaust has its purpose), I would fit the original exhaust and just forget about it: it's extremely hard to get gains from exhausts alone these days as manufacturers match every component in the bike to perfection. Just to give an example the only full system that gave any gains on the last oil/air cooled BMW boxers is the one made by Sasaki Sports and the gains are so marginal considering the price it's just not worth it. Imagine sports bikes where horsepower figures are a huge part of the sales startegy. think
Of course punters who just spent a lot of money on a full exhaust or the sycophantic press (just send them a suitably fat cheque and your piece of refuse becomes as revolutionary as the original Fireblade) will tell you otherwise, but there's a whole industry out there catering to people with more money than brains. Wink
Previous Topic: Brake Piston Extractors
Next Topic: My 929, eratic idle and judder to 3000rpm
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 18 14:42:38 BST 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01243 seconds