Honda-Forums.com
Home » Bike Specific Discussion and Help » CBR600RR, CBR600F » charging issues, has to be someone who knows something (charging)
Re: charging issues, has to be someone who knows something [message #299559 is a reply to message #299407] Fri, 22 June 2018 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kakugo is currently offline  Kakugo   Italy
(18) Geoff Duke
Wait, what? This is new to me. eek

I won't ask any question, so know the adapter used to connect the oil pressure gauge on that engine is a standard Honda workshop part, meaning it's nothing fancy. A good pressure gauge kit with a selection of adapters should have the part needed. Don't bother with the original Honda part because it's more expensive than a decent quality gauge.
The only ways oil could be an issue here are:
1)Level way too low
2)Foaming

All oils produced over the past decade worldwide contain anti-foaming agents so unless you used some off-brand produced in Argentina thirty years ago it should not be a cause of concern.

Re: charging issues, has to be someone who knows something [message #299561 is a reply to message #299559] Fri, 22 June 2018 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yorkie is currently offline  Yorkie   United Kingdom
(8) Moto2 GP Racer
I was lost with this thread WAAAAAAAAAAY back, but now foaming oil!!!
Wtf has that got to do with electrics think think
Re: charging issues, has to be someone who knows something [message #299594 is a reply to message #299561] Sun, 01 July 2018 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quazi is currently offline  Quazi   United Kingdom
(22) Giacomo Agostini
And still not one thank you.

Perhaps that may explain the lack of posts on several different forums. Basic communication, politeness, gratitude for others help for fuck all, precisely why I don't do it anymore.

Cool
Re: charging issues, has to be someone who knows something [message #299598 is a reply to message #299594] Sun, 01 July 2018 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kakugo is currently offline  Kakugo   Italy
(18) Geoff Duke
Quazi wrote on Sun, 01 July 2018 11:01
And still not one thank you.

Perhaps that may explain the lack of posts on several different forums. Basic communication, politeness, gratitude for others help for fuck all, precisely why I don't do it anymore.

Cool
Apparently you have never dealt with people from this part of Italy or Zurich. Wink
"Thank you" is apparently a cursed phrase that will open the Gates of Hell and engulf the Earth in darkness for the rest of eternity and condemn mankind to be ruled over by His Infernal Majesty himself. I have grown accustomed to it so no big deal.

However an extremely curious thing happened. A person I know of who works in the automotive industry and especially in the big auctions for used vehicles coming off dealerships, leasing companies etc told me the US market is presently swamped in flood-damaged vehicles still coming from Texas after Hurricane Harvey hit last year. Vehicles the insurance companies bought from the owners as CTL have "flood damage" written in their title and are usually sold for a pittance as spare hulks, but an unknown number of vehicles, ranging from lorries to motorcycles, are on the market with flood damage but no title. Obviously waiting for unsuspecting buyers looking for a great deal. Wink
Could it be the "cursed" bike was actually non-title CTL from Texas? It would explain a lot of things.
Re: charging issues, has to be someone who knows something [message #299601 is a reply to message #299598] Sun, 01 July 2018 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quazi is currently offline  Quazi   United Kingdom
(22) Giacomo Agostini
Who knows, I'll get back in my hole now. Laugh
Re: charging issues, has to be someone who knows something [message #299717 is a reply to message #299601] Sun, 02 September 2018 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here2Ride is currently offline  Here2Ride   United States
(1) Club Racer
Not a cursed bike, not ever flooded, has a clean title and yes I have yet to say a single thank you but in my world a "Thank you" is a rather large phrase and I havnt felt the need for one.
Re: charging issues, has to be someone who knows something [message #299719 is a reply to message #299717] Sun, 02 September 2018 09:08 Go to previous message
Yorkie is currently offline  Yorkie   United Kingdom
(8) Moto2 GP Racer
Glad I don't live in "your world" Thumb Down
Previous Topic: stator cover: f4 and RR
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Oct 23 15:13:26 BST 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01553 seconds