Honda-Forums.com
Home » Racing, Tackdays and Riding » Track Days & Tracks » Circuit Espana'
Circuit Espana' [message #299872] Sun, 28 October 2018 18:58 Go to next message
Quazi is currently offline  Quazi   United Kingdom
(22) Giacomo Agostini
Well I'm dropping me gear off on Wednesday for a 4 dayer in November. It's gonna hurt a lot. Grin

Re: Circuit Espana' [message #299873 is a reply to message #299872] Sun, 28 October 2018 19:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kakugo is currently online  Kakugo   Italy
(18) Geoff Duke
Isn't Niall McKenzie involved with that circuit? think
Re: Circuit Espana' [message #299876 is a reply to message #299872] Sun, 28 October 2018 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pipe is currently offline  Pipe   United Kingdom
(22) Giacomo Agostini
Well done mate, ya sly fella ....

Nice track and it should be bearable with the temp. Last time I went early October and it was 43 degrees ... fooking killed me. Could only do 5 laps and I was totally wasted Laugh
Re: Circuit Espana' [message #300019 is a reply to message #299876] Sun, 09 December 2018 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(22) Giacomo Agostini
Well, it turned out to be an interesting 4 days, 3 of them wet. left the bike and all my kit there for the year, going back in March to have another go in the dry hopefully.

What a difficult track to learn, so many blind entries and yes I ran off as expected. Wink Got the hang of it on the last day, but not enough tracktime over the 4 days due to weather, flooding in parts of Spain never experienced before! The weather has been a bastard this year at the wrong times.

I'll be driving over later on the year probably doing Catalunya again but maybe on the gsx this time, then back down to Almeria to ride the K3 again whilst it's there. smile

[Updated on: Sun, 09 December 2018 16:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Circuit Espana' [message #300105 is a reply to message #300019] Tue, 25 December 2018 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
slaz is currently offline  slaz   United Kingdom
(21) Valentino Rossi
Hmmmmmm,sounds like a charmed like Q,you should hook up with Pipe Thumbs Up
Re: Circuit Espana' [message #300109 is a reply to message #300105] Wed, 26 December 2018 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(22) Giacomo Agostini
Slaz, whilst I respect Pipe's efforts and his likes and dislikes, I am from a different block with my bikes, my likes and dislikes. The older I get the more I prefer my own company when doing things like Trackdays. I have very little interest in all things modern, it is a treadmill of no greater value to my own life other than less money in the bank.

I do these Trackdays for my own fun and not to prove anything to anybody or chase times of any kind, it is purely for my own pleasure. I see it all the time, so many folk go home miserable because they didn't beat their previous time. If it's that important to you, go racing and tatse it for real, or shut up and enjoy your time. Grin

I'm going again in March on my own, bothers me not, I always meet some like minded folk (generally my age) with a similar feel for life from all walks of it, it's a bout the pleasure.fun time, not the ego.

Probably not the answer you had expected, but can't help who I am these days, I deal in black and white. smile

Having said that, I am in possession of a new Transit, not purchased only leasing it for 4 years, as I need it for the bikes. Wink

[Updated on: Wed, 26 December 2018 21:32]

Re: Circuit Espana' [message #300111 is a reply to message #300109] Thu, 27 December 2018 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kermit is currently online  Kermit   United Kingdom
(22) Giacomo Agostini
Thats a good philoshy Q, I'm not sure I could commit to something like a Spanish trackday on my own even if I still had the nerve (or beleif) in my ability on a track but agree with trying to avoid the treadmill as much as possible and trying not to go overboard with all things modern even though I often trip myself up on the later and buy something techy I don't really need. My 929 is testiment to reaching and being happy with bikes as they are and haven't upgraded my PC in >2 years now Grin

That said, I don't mind those that want the latest tackle and enjoy using it if like Pipe perhaps you have the money (not Loan/HP etc) and are well aware you can't take it with you so may as well use it and in doing so pay some tax on it and dealers wages with the trickle down effect Thumbs Up

[Updated on: Thu, 27 December 2018 13:11]

Re: Circuit Espana' [message #300112 is a reply to message #300111] Thu, 27 December 2018 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(22) Giacomo Agostini
I'm sure you'd be fine Simon, you've done a few over the years with some satisfying days. There is no denying that the very modern stuff is good, but is it 20K+ better? Not sure I buy into that, I'd feel better trashing a 3k bike than a 20k bike.

The electronics for me has taken away the need for control by the rider, it provides an environment that is all about times, faster, easier, where's the fun in that?

My riding had improved a fair bit over the years, but I never lose touch of reality smile

My old Suzuki brings me a massive amount of pleasure, despite only using it a couple of times a year, there is nothing easy about it, that's the point, it is hard work and fun to ride. Laugh

The 929 was a good bike, exactly, what else do you need when something get so developed that it handled well, stopped well, and was fast enough to kill you?

This new van, has got far too much shite on it that is necessary but ultimately isn't anymore fuel efficient (despite the claims)than the old Citroen relay I replaced it with, 14 years old.
How far has it really come?

[Updated on: Thu, 27 December 2018 13:55]

Re: Circuit Espana' [message #300143 is a reply to message #300109] Sat, 05 January 2019 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pipe is currently offline  Pipe   United Kingdom
(22) Giacomo Agostini
Quazi wrote on Wed, 26 December 2018 21:27
Slaz, whilst I respect Pipe's efforts and his likes and dislikes, I am from a different block with my bikes, my likes and dislikes. The older I get the more I prefer my own company when doing things like Trackdays. I have very little interest in all things modern, it is a treadmill of no greater value to my own life other than less money in the bank.

I do these Trackdays for my own fun and not to prove anything to anybody or chase times of any kind, it is purely for my own pleasure. I see it all the time, so many folk go home miserable because they didn't beat their previous time. If it's that important to you, go racing and tatse it for real, or shut up and enjoy your time. Grin

I'm going again in March on my own, bothers me not, I always meet some like minded folk (generally my age) with a similar feel for life from all walks of it, it's a bout the pleasure.fun time, not the ego.

Probably not the answer you had expected, but can't help who I am these days, I deal in black and white. smile

Having said that, I am in possession of a new Transit, not purchased only leasing it for 4 years, as I need it for the bikes. Wink
Whilst I respect your opinions and likes/dislikes also Mike, I just wanted to clarify mine.

I do not specifically chase times and I never go home disappointed if I don't better a previous time at the same track under any circumstances and every track day is different.

Sometimes you have the weather on your side, sometimes not, sometimes you get up on that particular morning and your on your game, sometimes not, there are many factors to enjoying your riding, something so influenced by yourself and on the day.

I do have a 'calibration track' which is Donington, basically because its the closest to me, its arguably the best track in the country for motorbikes and I have ridden it more times than I can remember from the age of 24 when I did my first ever track day there, nearly 30 years ago now, I am 53 in a week or so.

I have no friends around me that I have historically done track days with throughout the years, they have fallen by the wayside one by one for many reasons, lack of disposable cash, wives, kids, fallen out of love with it, every one they book it rains and money/time wasted .. you name it, I have seen it all too. I just go on my own these days and whoever I meet, I meet, I don't really care, I do it for myself and my enjoyment.

So what drives me?

From the 250GP Bike with 90bhp, 100kgs, to the Blade's with 170bhp, 190kgs and no electronics, through to the R1M with 200bhp, 200kgs and bristling with technology you have to learn all over again how to adapt your riding technique to get the best out of yourself and the bike.

This is the fun ... I always come away from a track day having tried something different with my riding style and sometimes it results in a quicker lap and sometimes it does not.

I don't need to go racing to do this as your then in a competitive environment and no doubt it pushes you forward quickly to try and keep up with the pack .. I got my ACU licence in 2015 but never bothered, I didn't want my whole weekend taken up with just one goal and I didn't want the risk of crashing.

If I look back at pictures of myself 10 years ago on track and pictures now, I am very proud that I am still learning and developing the art of how something with 2 wheels can be manipulated in your very own hands/feet/body position to get the very best satisfaction out of riding them.

Look only at Marquez ... Is that not a lessen in itself as to what can be done ... Fucking unreal, massive respect, How the fuck does he do that?

By learning with massive hunger and unrivalled dedication ...

That's not us at our age but bloody ell... we can still learn and we know to limit the risk.

Mugello again this year ... Best track I have ever ridden, best surroundings, so beautiful and the food ... Oh the food Drool

[Updated on: Sat, 05 January 2019 23:49]

Re: Circuit Espana' [message #300151 is a reply to message #299872] Mon, 07 January 2019 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kakugo is currently online  Kakugo   Italy
(18) Geoff Duke
All I can tell is this.

When you are at full lean and the only reason you learn traction control has kicked in is because you caught the warning light with the corner of your eye you know times have moved in the right direction. Wink
I don't know if any of you people had the "pleasure" of dealing with old fashioned traction control but I am happy it's now a thing of the past. Laugh

Throw in modern ABS, tyres, suspension, frames etc and you won't hear any complaint from me. Well, if I had a neck and a heart in somewhat better shape I wouldn't be complaining about age either. Wink
Re: Circuit Espana' [message #300155 is a reply to message #300151] Mon, 07 January 2019 17:40 Go to previous message
(22) Giacomo Agostini
Si, there was no implication within my post, only that we maybe doing the same thing but from a different angle.
The majority of my post were my observations from doing many a trackday and the repetative nature of the folk that come and go.

Life is a very personal thing, so we enjoy it personally.

I enjoy building something(interpret that how you will) then riding it over and above emerging from a showroom with a brand new mass produced unit, that's not to say the other is wrong, just is my preference.
As time goes by, that desire seems to be greater now than ever, initially it was about need, I needed to do things myself as it was a good way to say the money in not paying somebody else to do it, that I guess was born from necessity. Now though it is about the pleasure and the challenge, self gratifying, making it personal and ultimately a one off. That's not to say the one off is an important element, only the sense of achievement to have done it in the first place. That feeling becomes a repetative one too, as certain folk recognise the work and effort but these tend to be a hard core bunch in order to appreciate it for what it is, not just the fact of "that's shiney, or that's nice and red etc".

Motorcycling seems to be in a strange place right now, trends are setting in, fashion has become a player, popularity in the acceptance, hop on or why are you still here.

I do though see the opposite, mainly in older folk who have woken up to the bullshit being fed in the guise of the greater good.

Enjoy it how you want to, it's your life. smile

Previous Topic: Legends Endurance
Next Topic: Track Day Organisers, Bookings & Weather Reports
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jan 23 13:56:53 GMT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01139 seconds