Honda-Forums.com
Home » Racing, Tackdays and Riding » Racing » Danni's Farewell, Rossi's Demise, Lorenzo's Injuries & Marquez Domination
Danni's Farewell, Rossi's Demise, Lorenzo's Injuries & Marquez Domination [message #299940] Sat, 17 November 2018 23:03 Go to next message
Pipe is currently offline  Pipe   United Kingdom
(22) Giacomo Agostini
Strange 2018 season don't you think and the changing of the guard is a coming.

I cant realistically see Dovi ever beating Marquez and I cant even see Lorenzo beating him in the same team, shame how his 2018 ended just when he was getting some traction.

Pedro retiring, which is sad, the most likeable character in the paddock, Rossi is finally showing his age and the new guard are coming in 2019.

So who will be challenging Marquez in 2019? I cant see anyone obvious can anyone?

Re: Danni's Farewell, Rossi's Demise, Lorenzo's Injuries & Marquez Domination [message #299941 is a reply to message #299940] Mon, 19 November 2018 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gearbox is currently offline  Gearbox   United Kingdom
(15) Kenny Roberts
Really depends on what the manufacturer's have got in the pipeline for next season. Yamaha need to get their finger's out and that could make Vinhallas a threat. Ducati are getting better all the time and 2019 could be their season. Also the Pramac team have 2019 bikes. Be interesting to see how Millar goes.
KTM and Aprilia are dark horses, especially KTM, judging on the last race (although it was wet, showed promise) Suzuki are there or there abouts, so again some possibilities.
And Honda, wonder what they have in the shed. Have to be special to cater for Marquez and Lorenzo, different ends of the spectrum in riding styles.
Throw in a few satellite teams with factory bikes for added interference.
So basically, all up in the air till after the first couple of races Laugh
Re: Danni's Farewell, Rossi's Demise, Lorenzo's Injuries & Marquez Domination [message #300006 is a reply to message #299941] Thu, 06 December 2018 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RWB929 is currently offline  RWB929   United Kingdom
(13) MotoGP Champion
I think JL could actually put some pressure on MM and maybe if they take points from each other or force errors resulting in dropped points, then maybe VR, MV or AD could be more of a challenge if they can get points consistently.
Not sure about the Suzuki, have they lost all their concessions now?
Re: Danni's Farewell, Rossi's Demise, Lorenzo's Injuries & Marquez Domination [message #300007 is a reply to message #300006] Thu, 06 December 2018 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
slaz is currently offline  slaz   United Kingdom
(21) Valentino Rossi
I dont know the stats and stuff like you lads,but i would'nt write Rossi off think
Re: Danni's Farewell, Rossi's Demise, Lorenzo's Injuries & Marquez Domination [message #300008 is a reply to message #300007] Thu, 06 December 2018 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gravel is currently offline  gravel   United Kingdom
(13) MotoGP Champion
If the Suzuki is up to the job I recon Rins could be a good outside bet as a challenger in 2019. Forget the Ducati's now, without JL giving them some direction they will plateau. Maverick will also be there I recon in 2019, however, if I was a betting man my hard earned would be on MM for the win.
Re: Danni's Farewell, Rossi's Demise, Lorenzo's Injuries & Marquez Domination [message #300012 is a reply to message #300008] Fri, 07 December 2018 20:25 Go to previous message
Kermit is currently offline  Kermit   United Kingdom
(22) Giacomo Agostini
I guess a lot as usual depends on who gets a good start and start with a bike already sorted and that could be MM but equally it could be quite a few riders incl JL, VR, Dovi and a few others. MM could possibly be rattled if JL is fast from day 1 and proves to be an equal (or close) to MM in a way Dani was never quite able to do.

That said, if I in a random pick sweep stake for MotoGP 2019 champion and lucked MM, I'd be thinking its 50/50 I'm going to win the pot Grin

Does anyone else thinks its strange (possibly wrong word) that 5-7 years ago in both F1 & MotoGP we'd all have thought Schumachers & Rossi's (allowing for agostini) records are unlikley to be surpassed, then not that long later, Marquez and Hamilton both with a good few years ahead of them are 2/3rds or thereabouts to bettering them. By 2030 perhaps someone else will be close to bettering whatever records MM & LH break by the end of their careers.

[Updated on: Fri, 07 December 2018 20:25]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: MotoGP 2018
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Dec 19 07:47:21 GMT 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.14091 seconds