Honda-Forums.com
Home » General » Restores, Rebuilds and Tart ups. » Can anyone help me? (1987 Honda H100s)
Can anyone help me? [message #300323] Mon, 25 February 2019 18:07 Go to next message
reddkatt is currently offline  reddkatt   United Kingdom
(1) Club Racer
About 3 months ago my 14 year old Son was given a 1986 Honda H100s by a friend. It was a lovely bike, that really just wanted a good clean and service, and it was taken into my workshop to be fettled or so i thought :smile_big:

Embarrassingly ive now discovered that my lad didnt stop at cleaning and servicing but instead completely stripped the bike Wall but came to me and confessed that he hadnt labelled anything, instead trusting his own abilities but now has forgotten where most of it goes !!!! He apologised and said that his eagerness had got the better of him and he just wanted to restore it to its former glory.

So......After a severe talking to....i now have to go into full on Dad mode and find a way to dig him out of the sh*t. I have a box of bits that needs putting back together. Can anyone recommend someone that knows these bikes inside out who might be able to help me out ? if not then i will start to sell off the parts for other to benefit from. These things are sent to try us !! Get your coat
Re: Can anyone help me? [message #300324 is a reply to message #300323] Tue, 26 February 2019 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kermit is currently offline  Kermit   United Kingdom
(22) Giacomo Agostini
did he stop short of dismantling the engine?

Re: Can anyone help me? [message #300328 is a reply to message #300323] Tue, 26 February 2019 20:37 Go to previous message
spagiratwink is currently offline  spagiratwink   United Kingdom
(4) WSS Racer
reddkatt wrote on Mon, 25 February 2019 18:07
About 3 months ago my 14 year old Son was given a 1986 Honda H100s by a friend. It was a lovely bike, that really just wanted a good clean and service, and it was taken into my workshop to be fettled or so i thought :smile_big:

Embarrassingly ive now discovered that my lad didnt stop at cleaning and servicing but instead completely stripped the bike Wall but came to me and confessed that he hadnt labelled anything, instead trusting his own abilities but now has forgotten where most of it goes !!!! He apologised and said that his eagerness had got the better of him and he just wanted to restore it to its former glory.

So......After a severe talking to....i now have to go into full on Dad mode and find a way to dig him out of the sh*t. I have a box of bits that needs putting back together. Can anyone recommend someone that knows these bikes inside out who might be able to help me out ? if not then i will start to sell off the parts for other to benefit from. These things are sent to try us !! Get your coat
First thing to do is get a Haynes Manual from E-bay ,about £12 , then have a look at one of the Parts sites (Fowlers) for the part Fische , you will be able to get it back together from there , and a little help from here Yes
Previous Topic: Need to get my finger out
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 17:34:16 GMT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01105 seconds