Honda-Forums.com
Home » General » General Discussion » Honda Monkey 125
Honda Monkey 125 [message #300849] Tue, 18 June 2019 13:11 Go to next message
Kakugo is currently online  Kakugo   Italy
(18) Geoff Duke
What do you think about it as a vehicle to get you to work and nip to the shop to buy groceries? think
Re: Honda Monkey 125 [message #300850 is a reply to message #300849] Tue, 18 June 2019 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kermit is currently offline  Kermit   United Kingdom
(22) Giacomo Agostini
I like the idea of them and have looked on and off for a slightly untidy one as a project bike that won't fill the garage but the prices are getting a bit silly.

That said, if the journey to work was much more than 3-5 miles it might not be the ideal transport but as a quick hop on and hop of bike they're pretty cool and if you have a chance of one at a good price even if down the road you don't get on with it, odds are you'll not loose anything selling it on Thumbs Up

[Updated on: Tue, 18 June 2019 18:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Honda Monkey 125 [message #300852 is a reply to message #300849] Tue, 18 June 2019 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(18) Geoff Duke
There's a new Honda Monkey around: https:// www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/range/125cc/monkey/overview.html
I think any of us would look like a circus bear riding the thing but my line of reasoning is it will hold its value far better than a scooter and be easier to fix. I haven't seen any around yet and the very few used for sale have insane prices. No Finger
They also have a new Super Cub available: https:// www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/range/125cc/super-cub-c125/speci fications.html but it looks more like a disguised ordinary scooter than a proper Super Cub like those they have in Vietnam and India. think

Of course this may all come to nothing: just considering a different mean of transport.
Re: Honda Monkey 125 [message #300860 is a reply to message #300849] Thu, 20 June 2019 18:42 Go to previous message
(18) Geoff Duke
Today I stopped at a nice Honda dealership to look at both bikes.

Very well made, much more than the other 125's on display, which goes a long way to justify the high price tag and why so few are sold.

I am happy to report the Super Cub is actually the genuine article from Asia, only modified to suit Western tastes: spoke wheels instead of wire ones, keyless ride (believe it or not), ABS... the whole lot. When I asked if it has a luggage rack the seller told me he was going to tie a plastic box to the rear and "put in a few chicken as a bonus". Very impressed by the Super Cub, much more so than by the Monkey which is more or less useless in real-life situations. Thumbs Up
Previous Topic: Polish for Visors
Next Topic: Good Dealer Gone Bad
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 23 19:39:18 BST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00591 seconds