Honda-Forums.com
Home » General » General Discussion » Good Dealer Gone Bad
Good Dealer Gone Bad [message #300787] Mon, 27 May 2019 10:49 Go to next message
Kakugo is currently offline  Kakugo   Italy
(18) Geoff Duke
The BMW dealership my brother and I have buying bikes from for years now has been having a lot of problems lately. While so far I personally can only complain about my old "faithful customer" discount for spare parts having gone up in smoke, to say my brother isn't happy would be the understatement of the year: for him to file an official complaint with BMW it takes a lot. Serves him right to buy a K1600GTL. Wink

The worst part is there's nobody to take care of the bike section anymore: the old manager left a few months ago so now you literally don't know whom to take your complaints to or merely to ask for advice. The guy was ready to go to very long lengths to keep customers happy and I think he sold hundreds of bikes on his word alone.
I have found that sitting down to solve problems like adults work in the 80% of cases, but there needs to be somebody the other side to sit down with. Here I only see low level employees who obviously glance nervously over their shoulder to see if they'll be replaced with somebody cheaper. If somebody is in charge, he's surely happy to hide himself. think

If my brother doesn't have the dealership closed down next week, I plan to demand to meet whoever's in charge of the bikes now to have a little friendly chat. If he's not available that day I am sure I can find half an hour in my schedule to meet him.
My idea is that if they have internal problems they cannot solve in the short run, faithful customers should be at least notified that service won't be up to scratch for a while. While they may think there are few alternatives to BMW now if you want a decent bike, they aren't the only BMW dealer within riding distance, if you catch my drift.
But you do. Let's see if they catch it as well. think
Re: Good Dealer Gone Bad [message #300788 is a reply to message #300787] Mon, 27 May 2019 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yorkie is currently offline  Yorkie   United Kingdom
(8) Moto2 GP Racer
I hope not but I feel this will be the result Wall Wall Wall

Good luck Thumbs Up
Re: Good Dealer Gone Bad [message #300789 is a reply to message #300788] Mon, 27 May 2019 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quazi is currently offline  Quazi   United Kingdom
(22) Giacomo Agostini
My one and only experience with BMW was short and sweet, won't bother again.

Don't sell me something you can't supply, simple really.
Re: Good Dealer Gone Bad [message #300790 is a reply to message #300788] Mon, 27 May 2019 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spagiratwink is currently offline  spagiratwink   United Kingdom
(6) Moto1 GP Racer
I was watching the BSB this weekend , the crew went into the BMW Smith's Team Bay , Shakey Byrne was asking the team manager if they have the parts situation sorted yet, She just rolled her eye's and said nothing is coming from BMW and they have to get the parts from a third party, later on they asked Pete Hickman the same , he just burst out laughing and if it was'nt for the camera's was about to swear,doesn't seem there even interested in racing, hope he can hold the bike together for the TT
Re: Good Dealer Gone Bad [message #300791 is a reply to message #300790] Mon, 27 May 2019 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(22) Giacomo Agostini
I know we're not exactly in a boom economy at the moment globally, but there are some pants down somehwere.

Crescent have gone to Yamaha due to the GSXR1000R being released too late to be competitive, BMW can't supply the bits or bikes quick enough, then they put the price up a bit as a result of thr demand they fuelled with the marketing hype.

Doesn't take long to lose a reputation that took years to build.
Re: Good Dealer Gone Bad [message #300792 is a reply to message #300787] Mon, 27 May 2019 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(18) Geoff Duke
Five years ago or so BMW started taking customers' complaints very seriously in the aftermath of the Continental fuel pumps fiasco. A certain number of complaints warrants an inspection and if the complaints continue and/or the remedial actions recommended by the inspectors are not undertaken the dealer loses his license. I know of two who already did. I'd have no problem helping add a third to the list. I am accustomed at dealing with banks so I know how to handle wankers. Wink

But if we can all find a peaceful solution I'd be even happier. I am not asking much. In fact I am not asking them anything more than keep on doing what they did before, meaning don't act like pricks and have somebody in charge I can talk to if I need anything more than a low level employee.
Better act now than have a surprise later.
Re: Good Dealer Gone Bad [message #300854 is a reply to message #300787] Tue, 18 June 2019 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(18) Geoff Duke
Quick update: things are not going well (for the dealership). Apparently the complaints are piling up and the folks in Munich are not happy. No Finger

Worse, it seems my idea nobody's in charge of the bike division right now is correct. You cannot find anybody to talk to and the maintenance division has been stripped of people. Yes, in June. Yes, with riding season in full swing. Yes, with a brand new family of bikes being delivered. Doh

Re: Good Dealer Gone Bad [message #300855 is a reply to message #300854] Tue, 18 June 2019 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(22) Giacomo Agostini
Not great is it mate.
Re: Good Dealer Gone Bad [message #300863 is a reply to message #300855] Fri, 21 June 2019 20:36 Go to previous message
pecker is currently offline  pecker   United Kingdom
(11) MotoGP Podium Finisher
Just had a not so good experience with the local BMW Dealer down here, they could have sold me a bike but blew it, i have heard plenty of horror stories about them since,
Also it appears the car dealership next door owns it, maybe that has something to do with it

Previous Topic: Honda Monkey 125
Next Topic: Paypal Security
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 23 19:05:44 BST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01121 seconds