Home » General » For Sale/Wanted » For Sale 1967 CD175A Sloper (Not been on the road since 1975)
|For Sale 1967 CD175A Sloper [message #301245]
||Wed, 18 September 2019 12:12
Registered: March 2017
I purchased her about 7 years ago with a view to riding to classic events and occasionally to work, but family life and classic car projects meant this didn't happen as planned. More recently I have been offered my father in laws Royal Enfield which also needs some sympathetic renovation, so I need to reduce my projects. Also it has been sat in my conservatory until last week so it really needs a new home.|
Overview / History
According to the Green VE.60 she was first registered in Croydon in August 1967 and went through 3 ownerships, the last stamped and recorded in May 1974. I did not purchase her from this person, but as I understand it was put away in a garage after problems with the electrics, then covered in grease to protect any vulnerable parts. A friend then tried to re-commission her in 91, hence the MOT and then it was put away again and I guess it was eventually sold, not clear when and who apart from who I bought it off.
I have tried to keep her as original as possible, whilst ensuring that all components function correctly. This is important as it adds character and the bike tells a story of its life, this I feel makes them more interesting.
Original Parts / Documents:
• Original VE.60 Green registration document.
• Genuine tax disc which ran to 1975.
• Genuine MOT which ran to May 1974 and another one from 1991 where it looks like someone tried to get her back o the road, however there is no V5 so this did not happen.
• All parts are the original from when it came off the production line in 67, including fully functioning cables which have a nice aged colour to them, along with its original seat cover, wheels and exhausts. The only parts I changed were the two rear indicators and a side panel.
• 2 x Rear indicators
• Front and Rear period correct classic tyres.
• Side panel, but still have the original.
• All original cables removed, cleaned and inspected for correct function
• Petrol tank removed, cleaned and fuel tap renovated with replacement seals.
• Carburettor removed and cleaned
• Wiring harness removed and repaired.
• Wheels removed, cleaned and bearings checked
• Brakes shoes removed, drums cleaned and 2 shoes replaced.
• Exhausts removed and checked for rust, then cleaned and polished
• Frame inspected, bushes checked, then cleaned and some repainting carried out to smarten up.
• Centre stand removed and painted and also pivot pin replaced and greased.
• One side panel repainted although I have the original.
• Front mudguard cleaned up.
• Headlight chrome bezel renovated.
• Front fork shocks re-chromed
• Some general paint touch up
• Clutch unsiezed
• All aluminium parts cleaned and polished were required.
Paint is not perfect on the rear mud guard, looks like it had some repainting in the past and the tank although quite nice has had some chipping at the top which has been touched up, but I have left this as its still presentable also the front mudguard has some scratches but still looks presentable. The exhausts do have some age related dents and on one the chrome is slightly matted in places (see pictures) but are solid. Generally the chrome is in fairly good order with a few marks here and there, but not bad for 52years of age. It depends on how you view this, but I would simply keep what history she has and do the odd necessary repair / paint if required.
This is not a concurs motorcycle, but she is rare in the fact she is quite original right down to the correct speedo with the oval neutral, indicator and high beam symbols, the rare original exhausts, tax disc and green log book.
She is now in a running condition and rides well with good gear change and excellent brakes, lights and indicators, so I am happy for anyone to test her, although she is not road legal yet, so this would be back and forth for a few metres.
Probably best to view to get a clear perspective of her condition.
Open to offers
(Size: 232.73KB, Downloaded 20 times)
(Size: 246.27KB, Downloaded 19 times)
Current Time: Mon Oct 21 13:45:15 BST 2019
Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01380 seconds