Honda-Forums.com
Home » Racing, Tackdays and Riding » Racing » Well its started
Well its started [message #302528] Sat, 18 July 2020 16:37 Go to next message
Gearbox is currently offline  Gearbox   United Kingdom
(15) Kenny Roberts
MotoGP this weekend. Looks tight so far in qualifying.
Hope for an interesting season
Re: Well its started [message #302529 is a reply to message #302528] Sat, 18 July 2020 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pipe is currently offline  Pipe   United Kingdom
(22) Giacomo Agostini
Gearbox wrote on Sat, 18 July 2020 16:37
MotoGP this weekend. Looks tight so far in qualifying.
Hope for an interesting season
Cant see it being anything other than a MM93 rout ... hes gonna fuck em again.

He's just too good. Needs some nutty youngsters to take it to him.
Re: Well its started [message #302530 is a reply to message #302528] Sun, 19 July 2020 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kakugo is currently offline  Kakugo   Italy
(18) Geoff Duke
I haven't followed this stuff in years but is Rossi still racing? The guy must really look like an old coot among all those young and hungry 20-25 years olds. Laugh
Re: Well its started [message #302533 is a reply to message #302530] Sun, 19 July 2020 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(22) Giacomo Agostini
Kakugo wrote on Sun, 19 July 2020 07:00
I haven't followed this stuff in years but is Rossi still racing? The guy must really look like an old coot among all those young and hungry 20-25 years olds. Laugh
Yes he is .... and yes he does Laugh

MM broken his arm .... out for at least 2 rounds i would say... The others may have a real chance this year.
Re: Well its started [message #302534 is a reply to message #302533] Mon, 20 July 2020 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(15) Kenny Roberts
As long as its only a broken arm. Some stories of possible nerve damage. Could take a long time or never.
Are Honda f$%£ed this year? Lost Cal for a while too, scaphoid damage. If luck holds out, he could race next weekend.

Quateraro could win it or maybe Dovi even.

Too early to tell as this in the 1st outing for them all
Re: Well its started [message #302587 is a reply to message #302534] Sat, 01 August 2020 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(22) Giacomo Agostini
Well he tried, valiant effort but too early. He's -50 pwant now.

He will ride at Austria without doubt. Tough little fukker and totally driven.
Re: Well its started [message #302605 is a reply to message #302587] Sat, 08 August 2020 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(22) Giacomo Agostini
So who's going to win this title?
Re: Well its started [message #302625 is a reply to message #302605] Sun, 16 August 2020 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(15) Kenny Roberts
Tricky call at the moment. MM out till maybe next race, but could be longer. KTM going well, Fabio is a contender along with Maverick, but a few dark horses now.

Re: Well its started [message #302629 is a reply to message #302625] Sun, 16 August 2020 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(22) Giacomo Agostini
GO BB33 Laugh

World champion as a rookie ... not been done before MM93 Wink
Re: Well its started [message #302633 is a reply to message #302629] Mon, 17 August 2020 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kermit is currently offline  Kermit   United Kingdom
(22) Giacomo Agostini
that accident yesterday such a close call for VM and MV, glad it appears both MF and JZ are fine and tough to call if either one was at fault or just one of those things that can happen I guess when going from 200mph to 50/60mph or so even though its evident Zarco was the one at fault. Perhaps he'll learn a lesson.

As for the championship, its now a lot more open and interesting with MM93 missing and could be anyones although suspect once they move from Austria FQ if early form is anything to go by will return to top form as this might just be a boggy track for him.

It'll then get even more interesting when MM93 returns as if fit as just know he'll still be out there to win it Grin

Now if only we could remove Lewis H from F1 for 3 or 4 races (mild covid etc) the racing there might be better Wink
Re: Well its started [message #302639 is a reply to message #302528] Tue, 18 August 2020 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(18) Geoff Duke
Who or what are "BB33", "MF" and "VM"? And isn't JZ a no talent but overpushed "rapper"? think Wink

I'll have to send a letter of appreciation to Lewis Hamilton one of these days: the pleasure he is giving me by clobbering Ferrari into submission each and every race is truly pricelòess. The wailing and gnashing of teeth from the Italian media is music for my ears. Grin
Re: Well its started [message #302652 is a reply to message #302639] Wed, 19 August 2020 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kermit is currently offline  Kermit   United Kingdom
(22) Giacomo Agostini
sorry I thought initials of riders worked fine for most on here, JZ does sound like a rapper though Laugh

As for Lewis, he's a bit marmite to me these days, no doubt he's the best out there to the point that its just so boring especially given Bottas while a good #2, is just that, virtually gets out of the way of anyone challenging his grid position. That said Max is getting there and just needs a slightly improved car and I like that Lewis is flying the British flag but then he pisses me off with the BLM Marxist crap, fist in the air (all lives matter T-shirt is ok) and general hypocrisy especially with the environmental crap he sometimes comes out with while ignoring the inconvenient fact that his own carbon footprint is probably at least 100 if not 1000's of times the average Western persons footprint even forgetting about the F1 teams footprint itself which I could care less about as that's motor sport and comes with the territory. I bet the heating/electric/air con costs of his numerous houses are greater than my household earns in a year and don't begrudge him those, just the environmental aspects of them coupled with virtue signalling on the environment.

And don't get me started on choosing not to pay tax in the UK as while to be fair, if I earnt £millions every year and had a choice of where to live, I'd probably not live in the UK for most of the time, save millions in tax but I'd hopefully be clever enough not suggest under funding by government of X, Y or Z are to blame for any of the UK's woes...he's no better than Amazon, Google etc in that respect.
Re: Well its started [message #302655 is a reply to message #302528] Thu, 20 August 2020 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(18) Geoff Duke
Hamilton has to win browny points with the usual suspects, otherwise they won't let him anchor his yacht off Barbuda. Wink
Plus if you stray as much as one tenth of an inch from dominating California/Silicon Valley ideology social media will ban or at very least "demonetize" you. I didn't know what the latter was until I learned a middle of the pack "vlogger" gets a cheque to the tune of thousands of pounds every financial quarter for YouTube (Alphabet). eek

To get back to us I think Botta is the modern day version of Gerhard Berger: the guy is there because he's just fast enough not to completely embarrass himself but at the same time he won't step on his team mate's toes. Everybody in F1 remembers what happened when two seriously fast drivers were paired in the same team: think Alain Prost and Ayrton Senna or, far funnier, Carlos Reutemann and Alan Jones. "It's time to bury the hatchet" "Yeah, in yer back!" Laugh

Only marginally related to any of this, but does anyone remember what a nice piece of work John Kocinsky was? Laugh
Can anyone imagine what a blast having him around in the present climate would be? The present crop of riders, Rossi included, are very fast indeed but have as much personality as a goldfish. Grin
Re: Well its started [message #302668 is a reply to message #302655] Tue, 25 August 2020 08:13 Go to previous message
Gearbox is currently offline  Gearbox   Moldova, Republic of
(15) Kenny Roberts
Looks like Marc Markez is out for 2 to 3 months. Damage worse than reported.
No chance for Championship and I guess may not ride at all this season.

Be good to see Dovi get the title and take the number 1 plate away from Ducati. Serves them right
Previous Topic: All getting interesting for 2021
Next Topic: Well its finishing
Goto Forum:

[ PDF ]

Current Time: Tue Dec 01 11:55:12 GMT 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03247 seconds