Honda-Forums.com
Home » Bike Specific Discussion and Help » Honda's 900-1000cc Sportsbikes » Advice needed
Advice needed [message #302719] Wed, 16 September 2020 15:35 Go to next message
crishford2 is currently offline  crishford2   United States
(1) Club Racer
Hey everyone,

I am crishford, As you know due to Covid travelling is almost stopped but yesterday i decide to purchase a new honda bike and go onto a bike trip with one of my friend with full safety measures. We have decided to purchase a second hand bike. We decide to purchase it from a guy in our neighbouring town. But the prob is seller doesn't offering shipping of it.
And that seller is placing best pricing so we need to ship it.
Searching best motorcycle shipper on google and some forums but still doesn't come on a result.

The result of our research is that we have two option.

1) Bike flight(site)
They are quiet popular in bike shipping and are go through choice but there pricing is high.

2) Citizenshipper(site)
Get their recommendation from some forum and i checked their pricing which was lower as compare to other but doesn't know much about them.

Now i want recommendation from you guys what should i do. Your any experience will be helpful. You can suggest any other service provider also.

And also i willing to know any pre step to take in consideration before shipping

Thanks in advance
Re: Advice needed [message #302723 is a reply to message #302719] Thu, 17 September 2020 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kermit is currently offline  Kermit   United Kingdom
(22) Giacomo Agostini
chrisford, this is mainly a UK based forum so we'll not be very up to speed with US shipping costs and firms although have to say, I don't understand the issue here.

"We decide to purchase it from a guy in our neighbouring town. But the prob is seller doesn't offering shipping of it."

Neighbouring town, while I know in the US that could mean 20-100miles if your in the back woods like Dakota, Wyoming or similar, surely the answer is to drive to the town, pay the guy, and ride it home or would that be too simple a resolution? think
Re: Advice needed [message #302724 is a reply to message #302719] Thu, 17 September 2020 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kakugo is currently online  Kakugo   Italy
(18) Geoff Duke
On the BMW forum I was banned from there were plenty of riders from the US. I don't remember hearing any of them spending a single good word about bike shipping companies. It was always troubles, troubles, problems, problems so be warned.

Your best bet would be to ask around local bike workshops (not dealerships): either they will offer to do it for you or will tell you whom to contact. Failing that if you have a friend of a friend who races dirt bikes he may be interested to earn a little money on the side since he no doubt owns a van or a trailer, a ramp, tie-down straps etc and the knowledge to load and unload a bike.
You can travel with them, check the bike is in order before loading it and thatìs properly tied down.

Transporting uncrated bikes is always a major pain if you don't own the equipment so improvising is the only solution.
Re: Advice needed [message #302738 is a reply to message #302723] Sun, 20 September 2020 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crishford2 is currently offline  crishford2   
(1) Club Racer
Kermit wrote on Thu, 17 September 2020 11:20
chrisford, this is mainly a UK based forum so we'll not be very up to speed with US shipping costs and firms although have to say, I don't understand the issue here.

"We decide to purchase it from a guy in our neighbouring town. But the prob is seller doesn't offering shipping of it."

Neighbouring town, while I know in the US that could mean 20-100miles if your in the back woods like Dakota, Wyoming or similar, surely the answer is to drive to the town, pay the guy, and ride it home or would that be too simple a resolution? think
Sorry i didn't focus that it is a UK based forum.
Re: Advice needed [message #302739 is a reply to message #302724] Sun, 20 September 2020 16:08 Go to previous message
crishford2 is currently offline  crishford2   
(1) Club Racer
Kakugo wrote on Thu, 17 September 2020 14:25
On the BMW forum I was banned from there were plenty of riders from the US. I don't remember hearing any of them spending a single good word about bike shipping companies. It was always troubles, troubles, problems, problems so be warned.

Your best bet would be to ask around local bike workshops (not dealerships): either they will offer to do it for you or will tell you whom to contact. Failing that if you have a friend of a friend who races dirt bikes he may be interested to earn a little money on the side since he no doubt owns a van or a trailer, a ramp, tie-down straps etc and the knowledge to load and unload a bike.
You can travel with them, check the bike is in order before loading it and thatìs properly tied down.

Transporting uncrated bikes is always a major pain if you don't own the equipment so improvising is the only solution.
Hey, Thank for your suggestion. I liked it. Surly consider it
Previous Topic: CBR900RR Paint
Goto Forum:

[ PDF ]

Current Time: Tue Dec 01 12:28:55 GMT 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02999 seconds