Honda-Forums.com
Home » General » Restores, Rebuilds and Tart ups. » Harris rear hangers
Harris rear hangers [message #266499] Wed, 29 February 2012 18:46 Go to next message
Screaming Chief is currently offline  Screaming Chief   United Kingdom
(3) BSB Racer
Anybody know (without me having to try a stripdown) whether the Harris Ally hangers that replace the passenger pegs, are the same shape/angle for SP1 and SP2 ?

Bought some from ebay without remembering the different exhaust routing on the SP2 due to the swingarm.

The ones I just received were advertised as SP1/2 but actually have stamped on the rear of the hangers SP2, whereas i'm pretty sure the last ones I saw were stamped SP1, which kind of suggests they may indeed be different.

Cheers in advance for any assistance.

All else fails, suppose I could phone Harris in the morning. RollEyes

Updating my own posts/questions .........

Just checked the part numbers of the passengers pegs on the lings website.

That seems to list the same part number for each model, so that suggests the actual angle will end up the same even accounting for different swingarms, so ought to do the job as far as I can tell. Grin

[Updated on: Wed, 29 February 2012 19:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Harris rear hangers [message #266520 is a reply to message #266499] Wed, 29 February 2012 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kermit is currently offline  Kermit   United Kingdom
(22) Giacomo Agostini
I thought they were the same but can't you just hold em next to the mounting holes on the subframe and exhaust hanger which I assume is aftermarket with adjustable strap position to get an idea?
Re: Harris rear hangers [message #266522 is a reply to message #266520] Wed, 29 February 2012 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Screaming Chief is currently offline  Screaming Chief   United Kingdom
(3) BSB Racer
TBH theres just not enough room with the rear cowl and everything else in the way.Will need the standard hangers/rear pegs removing, for sizing up purposes.

Pretty sure that they are indeed the same, but having unpacked the RHS hanger its got some gouges out of one edge, which will be visible when mounted, so lets just say, I consider the "good condition" description on ebay, a bit duff.

Waiting on a response from the seller.

Re: Harris rear hangers [message #267153 is a reply to message #266522] Wed, 14 March 2012 12:51 Go to previous message
ALG_SP is currently offline  ALG_SP   United Kingdom
(1) Club Racer
Hi, I bought a pair of hangers direct from Harris last year for my SP2, they had some parts laying around and made them up Thumbs Up . Still haven't fitted them to the bike yet but they are marked SP1&2 RH and SP2 LH. Not sure it helps, but I would assume the LH hanger is different between SP1 and 2
Previous Topic: CR250R-3 winter strip down, rebuild and revamp
Next Topic: cr 125 christmas makeover
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 17 04:45:21 BST 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01771 seconds