Honda-Forums.com
Home » Bike Specific Discussion and Help » CBR600RR, CBR600F » CBR600F erratic engine revs
CBR600F erratic engine revs [message #285326] Fri, 08 August 2014 14:07 Go to next message
SamCBRF is currently offline  SamCBRF   United Kingdom
(1) Club Racer
Hello, Im new to riding and for my first bike iv purchased a 2011 plate CBR600F with 9000 miles on it. When iv been riding for about 30 minutes, in any gear the revs between 2000 and 3000 rpm are erratic. This is noticeable off throttle or with a small amount applied, mainly when in traffic etc. If I accelerate harder then its not noticeable. Any ideas?
Re: CBR600F erratic engine revs [message #285327 is a reply to message #285326] Fri, 08 August 2014 17:14 Go to previous message
Kakugo is currently offline  Kakugo   Italy
(18) Geoff Duke
Hi and welcome.

The problem you describe had been reported from almost all Honda models since fuel injection was introduced to the whole range with some (for example the CB1300) more affected than others.
Sadly there doesn't seem to be a simple and elegant solution.
The first thing to do is to check your bike is running the latest ECU firmware version. Sadly here you'll need a dealer to hook it up to Honda's diagnostic tool to see what are you running.
The second thing is to realize this is a carryover from the 600RR, which uses the same engine. The 600RR is a marvel of technology but it's made to scream, not to plow along: Honda is good but cannot fully change the nature of the beast.
The third, and this is a long shot, is to check the main wiring harness connections for corrosion, dirt buildup etc. I've only seen this on a few CB1300's but given all Honda's run on extremely tight electrical tolerances (which can be affected by even a little dirt) it may be worth checking into.
Previous Topic: New Guy!! Advice needed
Next Topic: Advice needed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 16 09:05:03 BST 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01487 seconds