Honda-Forums.com
Home » Bike Specific Discussion and Help » CBR600RR, CBR600F » middle cylinders running rich (very rich - drenched !)
middle cylinders running rich [message #290732] Thu, 23 July 2015 01:27 Go to next message
lozscott is currently offline  lozscott   United Kingdom
(1) Club Racer
Hi All , I joined the site a couple of days ago intending to write a please help post but as i have solved the problem i thought i would post anyway in case someone else has the same . I was asked by a friend to fix a cbr 600 F2 that has been sat for 6 years and wouldn't start . After cleaning out the evil smelling tank and fitting a new fuel pump i got it started but running very rough ( thrashed it up to 50 !! ) Further inspection revealed very wet and black plugs in both middle cylinders . I tried swapping injectors with the outer ones - no different , and no fault codes showing . After a week of head scratching , checking and testing all sorts i decided it must be the ECU , except its not the sort of thing ECU`s do . STUMPED big style - till today , I had the throttle body`s off for a closer look - BINGO , the middle throttles are linked with the vacuum pipe to the fuel pressure valve , the diaphragm must have gone as its sucking a constant stream of fuel through . Price in the uk is around £150 - unbelievable , it looks like its worth about a tenner , anyway i have one coming from usa for £53 inc p&p . Will be glad to get this bike off my things to do list , Loz
Re: middle cylinders running rich [message #290745 is a reply to message #290732] Sun, 26 July 2015 01:02 Go to previous message
Kermit is currently offline  Kermit   United Kingdom
(22) Giacomo Agostini
Welcome Loz, your not far from me and even nearer where I work Thumbs Up

Thanks for the post and fix as while you may not get a reply that its helped anyone, at some point down the line (months or years) someone will come to the site and search or google a similar problem, find your post and save themselves a fair bit of time fault checking as you've found it doesn't sound like an obvious thing to look at and only apparent when tracing tubing connections in common.

Hope you stick around, more faults or not Thumbs Up

[Updated on: Sun, 26 July 2015 01:04]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Advice needed
Next Topic: Carbon
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 16 09:05:09 BST 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01016 seconds