Honda-Forums.com
Home » General » Restores, Rebuilds and Tart ups. » Wiring alterations (changing part of the wiring for indicator warning lights )
Wiring alterations [message #292944] Mon, 18 January 2016 22:08 Go to next message
arfoster is currently offline  arfoster   United Kingdom
(1) Club Racer
Hi,
I've been making some modifications to my CG125BR-J and the only thing I am struggling with is making it so that I have 1 warning light for the left and 1 for the right instead of both on 1 warning light.
Looking at the original wiring diagram for it, the wires that go to the warning light are both the positive wires and no ground or neutral going to it.
My thought is that if i separate these they can become positives for independant warning lights and then i just connect another wire to go to ground/neutral terminal on the battery? I have a basic knowledge of electrics, so i know something has to go from the warning light, just don't know what or to where.
any help is greatly appreciated.
Re: Wiring alterations [message #292945 is a reply to message #292944] Mon, 18 January 2016 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kermit is currently offline  Kermit   United Kingdom
(22) Giacomo Agostini
Don't know the answer myself but can't help other than ask why do you need 2 lights as using your thumb to indicate left or right is not something thats easily messed up and once round the corner you'd be wanting to cancel irespective think

or are you just looking for something to do to the bike during these winter months smile

[Updated on: Mon, 18 January 2016 23:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Wiring alterations [message #292946 is a reply to message #292945] Mon, 18 January 2016 23:21 Go to previous message
arfoster is currently offline  arfoster   United Kingdom
(1) Club Racer
A little bit of something different and also just to satisfy a minor ocd thing I have. I just found it mildly irritating when I got it that it was just one light for both.
Previous Topic: Grandad will fix it
Next Topic: Could not resist
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Nov 17 11:16:17 GMT 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01449 seconds