Honda-Forums.com
Home » Bike Specific Discussion and Help » CBR600RR, CBR600F » Cbr600rr frame??? (Frame number??)
Cbr600rr frame??? [message #295998] Sat, 01 October 2016 23:39 Go to next message
Dazzaboy is currently offline  Dazzaboy   United Kingdom
(1) Club Racer
Any ideas?? So my dilema is i have cbr600rr6 race bike and would like to put a day mot on it,ive got the frame numbers and have spoken to honda uk,they say the frame number i have is for a cbr600f4,confused/$/#/@/ how can i have a rr bike with an f4 frame they just dont go together.have spoken with dvla and they say the number i have has never bee registered so im taking that as its not been stolen/written off etc....if i register the frame number with dvla as an f4 it would be a lie and any insurance claims god forbid there would be one...it would be void.could honda have stamped the frame incorrect,i know a bit of along shot but...????
Re: Cbr600rr frame??? [message #296001 is a reply to message #295998] Mon, 03 October 2016 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kermit is currently offline  Kermit   United Kingdom
(22) Giacomo Agostini
Can't see Honda mis stamping a frame. Given track bikes are usually ex-road bikes perhaps your bike (engine, frame or both) was once registered on the road and you'd be able to recall the Reg number from the frame VIN which is possible with trade [maybe some public] vehicle history search checks. Someone in the trade once did that for me when I had a R1 track bike, didn't know the reg and wanted to do that same as you as get a daytime MOT which I did get after applying for the V5.

Honda saying yours is an F4 when you have a RR6 frame is worrying. Is the VIN on the frame stamped into the alloy headstock and nice and clear or is it separate VIN plate held on with 2 small pins as I guess if the later it might have been removed/swapped for whatever reason in the past as those VIN plates aren't hard to remove given I removed one from an NC30 (admitedly an older vintage Honda) a few years back prior without any real issues before sending the frame to be powder coated then refitted it afterwards and you'd never know itd been removed.

[Updated on: Mon, 03 October 2016 14:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Cbr600rr frame??? [message #296002 is a reply to message #295998] Mon, 03 October 2016 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kakugo is currently offline  Kakugo   Italy
(18) Geoff Duke
You can easily tell whence frame and engine came from.

Fifth Generation (1999-2006) CBR600F frames and engines are marked PC35 while First Generation (2003-2006) CBR600RR frames and engines are marked PC37.

Serial numbers printed on the headstock can be "corrected" but the operation invariably leaves telltale marks.

If the frame number you have is printed on a piece of paper, somehow like the "ownership certificate" for MX bikes and the like they have in some Continental countries, doublecheck it against the one printed on your headstock. You wouldn't be the first and won't be the last to be given mismatching papers.
Re: Cbr600rr frame??? [message #296008 is a reply to message #296001] Mon, 03 October 2016 21:22 Go to previous message
Dazzaboy is currently offline  Dazzaboy   United Kingdom
(1) Club Racer
Thanks for the replies,frame number is stamped into the frame and looks untouched,ive looked at my mates road rr6 and it looks as good as his,its a pc35 stamp which as you say kakugo is a f model frame,i will go down the road of a reg check kermit threw a motorcycle shop and see what that brings up.cheers
Previous Topic: CBR600 Parts List
Next Topic: Carbs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 16 09:05:21 BST 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01000 seconds