Honda-Forums.com
Home » Bike Specific Discussion and Help » CBR600RR, CBR600F » CBR600FN (Access to radiator)
CBR600FN [message #298573] Sun, 03 December 2017 13:32 Go to next message
Bikerbiker is currently offline  Bikerbiker   United Kingdom
(1) Club Racer
My bike is overdue for a coolant change before winter sets it.
Do I really need to remove front fairing to access radiator cap?
I have found that's the worst part of the bike to remove fairing.
Any suggestions for a shortcut. I've looked and can't even see the cap. Sorry for being dim but, which side is it on?
Cheers
Roger
Re: CBR600FN [message #298575 is a reply to message #298573] Sun, 03 December 2017 14:12 Go to previous message
Kakugo is currently offline  Kakugo   Italy
(18) Geoff Duke
To drain and fill the cooling system you only need to remove the LH fairing: everything else can remain in place. Hell, the genuine Honda workshop manual even advises against removing the top fairing if not strictly necessary.

Sitting on the bike the radiator cap is on the top right hand side and you should see it and be able to remove and the cap without dismantling anything.
After that you need to remove the drainage bolt on the water pump housing and after the circuit has drained the siphon tube on the reserve tank. Compared to later Honda it's the proverbial walk in the park.

If possible use genuine Honda coolant: it will last over a decade with no degradation and minimal contamination. Bike dealerships usually don't carry it anymore these days but Honda car dealerships often still carry it. Failing that either Yamaha or Toyota branded coolant will do the trick: it's exactly the same, just different colors.
Previous Topic: Trackday Tyres - What Are You Running?
Next Topic: SUSPENSION SWAP 2005 TO 2004
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 16 09:05:25 BST 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01392 seconds