Honda-Forums.com
Home » General » Workshop » Tyre Pressure Gauge
Tyre Pressure Gauge [message #299388] Sun, 20 May 2018 14:42 Go to next message
Kakugo is currently offline  Kakugo   Italy
(18) Geoff Duke
I am presently using one of these: https:// www.amazon.co.uk/Ring-Automotive-RAC150-Digital-Pressure/dp/ B000V1R178 or to be more precise I've been using it for almost a decade now. It's still very accurate but after the last battery change it's basically held together with tape and the valve is very worn, so on some older and equally worn Schrader valves it's a bit hard to get a good seal.
I would buy another in a heartbeat but apparently it hasn't been available in four or five years. Sad

So far I've tried a cheap Chinese one from Hong Kong which has what I can only call a completely different standard of accuracy than what I am used to and the latest and greatest Ring Automotive unit. It was impossible to get anything akin to a seal on solid Schrader valves (the kind used on most modern cars) so back it went to Amazon for a refund.

So does anyone happen to know of a good tyre pressure gauge? Price is not much of a concern if it will keep its accuracy for more than the two weeks most units seem to have as a standard these days.

Thanks.
Re: Tyre Pressure Gauge [message #299400 is a reply to message #299388] Tue, 22 May 2018 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gearbox is currently online  Gearbox   United Kingdom
(15) Kenny Roberts
PCL were always considered to be great quality and very accurate, what they are like now I am unsure. Is it worth doing a google for best tyre gauge??
Sometimes this type of search gives decent results.
Let us know how you get on.
Re: Tyre Pressure Gauge [message #299403 is a reply to message #299400] Tue, 22 May 2018 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kermit is currently offline  Kermit   United Kingdom
(22) Giacomo Agostini
I just use a plasticy no brand dial gauge I've had for years and happy enough with the readings and its slightly adjustable if for example there's an opportunity to check its reading against a more profesional reliable benchmark gauge. Jut checked ebay for "dial pressure gauge" and found this which is the type I have but RING and metal

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Ring-Analogue-Dial-Tyre-Gauge-RTG3/ 2038510522

That said, in the past I've considered Michelin branded gauages as I'd like to think a brand whose reputation relies on tyres wouldn't allow its name to be used on guages that aren't reasonably accurate. Something like this perhaps although there's other models available

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Michelin-12276-Digital-Pressure-Gau ge/dp/B0028O8TUO/ref=sr_1_4?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid =1527003624&sr=1-4&keywords=michelin+tyre+gauge

[Updated on: Tue, 22 May 2018 16:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Tyre Pressure Gauge [message #299405 is a reply to message #299388] Wed, 23 May 2018 09:22 Go to previous message
Kakugo is currently offline  Kakugo   Italy
(18) Geoff Duke
I've seen Amazon has PCL gauges on sale right now. They may be worth a shot at that price. Thumbs Up Grin

Michelin gauges used to made in Italy by Wonder, a well known manufacturer of industrial gauges and valves. I have no idea if they still work for Michelin though. think
I had one of those early analog Italian Michelin gauges, very very precise but I dropped it one time too many and the cost of repairing and calibrating it was far superior than buying a brand new one with similar accuracy. Sad

I may still buy one of those cheap keychain ring ones to keep under the BMW saddle for when I am away. I've bought one of those USB/battery powered emergency compressors and the inbuilt gauge seems to have its own accuracy standard. Laugh

[Updated on: Wed, 23 May 2018 09:23]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: sc exhaust
Next Topic: Running lights
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 19 08:21:12 BST 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00929 seconds