Home » General » General Discussion » And again
And again [message #301254] Mon, 23 September 2019 22:05 Go to next message
slaz is currently offline  slaz   United Kingdom
(21) Valentino Rossi
"Oh ye Baby"

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=22483&private=0
  • Attachment: IMG_4642.jpg
    (Size: 66.25KB, Downloaded 204 times)
Re: And again [message #301255 is a reply to message #301254] Mon, 23 September 2019 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kermit is currently offline  Kermit   United Kingdom
(22) Giacomo Agostini
Does your mrs go pillion with you or mates use one too?

I have a bluetooth headset (not as slick as your new one looks) but only really use it for listening to music on the go, the few times I've got a call and tried to answer it, I've pressed the wrong buttons and f***ed up the call Laugh
Re: And again [message #301256 is a reply to message #301255] Tue, 24 September 2019 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yorkie is currently offline  Yorkie   United Kingdom
(8) Moto2 GP Racer
What speed do you find you can achieve while still being able to hear this clearly.

I have a Sena 3S and no matter what configuration of earplugs I use it becomes as good as useless after about 50mph. At 40 I can hear everything clearly, at 50 I can hear a noise but not what it's saying, at 60 it's just sometimes a noise and above 60 nothing.

As I bought mine mainly for GPS routeing when touring this issue just about makes the unit not worth having as when you're at cruising speeds you have already passed where you wanted to turn off because you haven't heard the GPS telling you to turn Doh

I should add that I have also tried using earbuds directly from the GPS but as these don't act as earplugs the wind noise causes much the same issues. I'm thinking now perhaps some Ultimate Ear plugs with speakers, either wired or wireless, may be the solution but they don't come cheap eek eek
Re: And again [message #301257 is a reply to message #301256] Tue, 24 September 2019 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kakugo is currently offline  Kakugo   Italy
(18) Geoff Duke
You don't want earbuds. You want proper in-ear monitors. These are made for musicians to use on stage and do a pretty damn good job of keeping noise out.

These are the ones I presently have: https://www.shure.com/en-US/products/earphones/se215cl
Mine are starting to fall to pieces through heavy use so I will probably get either a new set or these https://audiofly.com/shop/af120-mk2/
Mind the noise insulation comes from the foam or silicon buds and those things wear out rather quickly with use, so always keep a few sapre at hands.

These are low end in-ear monitors, as used by the crappy metal bands I usually go to see live, but are good to listen to music even at highway speed. If you want you can spend a lot more with true high end stuff such as Audio Protect, but so far I am very happy with Shure. Thumbs Up
Re: And again [message #301261 is a reply to message #301257] Tue, 24 September 2019 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yorkie is currently offline  Yorkie   United Kingdom
(8) Moto2 GP Racer
Yes, I've tried earbuds but not to that quality.
The problem I find with those is wind noise and they are a pain to keep in my ear while I put the helmet on.
These https://www.ultimateear.com/product/soundear-motorcyclist/
or maybe even better, these https://www.ultimateear.com/product/bluetooth-soundear-motor cyclist/
are what I was thinking of. They are made specifically for biking and moulded into your ear so each pair is different and should be a very snug fit.
I have had UE before but only the standard ones and I think my ear canals changed shape with age so they are no longer comfy.
Re: And again [message #301263 is a reply to message #301261] Wed, 25 September 2019 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(21) Valentino Rossi
Hi all,first off,Kermit to say my Mrs hates bikes with a passion,would be an understatement ;-)
Yorkie i only got them on Sunday night so i have'nt been out on the bike as yet,setting them up in the lid,
and working out how they work,has been an education,when there sorted i hope to ride out with a few mates
who have them,it might make life a tad easier
Re: And again [message #301402 is a reply to message #301263] Mon, 28 October 2019 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pecker is currently offline  pecker   United Kingdom
(11) MotoGP Podium Finisher
we use Pac talk Slaz Thumbs Up

No complaints, 4 of us can chat away, works at a distance if we get spread out, listen to music on the Motorway, pairs to phone and Sat nav easy

its weird riding in a group without it now, Have got used to having an extra 3 sets of eyes talking through the hazards and road conditions etc
Re: And again [message #301403 is a reply to message #301263] Mon, 28 October 2019 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We use Pactalk Slaz Thumbs Up

No complaints, four of us can chat away even at a distance if we get split up, listen to music on the motorway, pairs to phone and satnav easy,

its weird riding in a group without it now, have got used to an extra three sets of eyes talking through road hazards and conditions

First time i rode the Ring i was following a mate who has done hundreds of laps and he talked me round it, Knowing what was coming/where to be on the track/where to brake/turn in etc etc was great and allowed for a lot quicker first lap Grin
Re: And again [message #301404 is a reply to message #301403] Mon, 28 October 2019 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(21) Valentino Rossi
Not tested mine fully yet Pecks,one Q tho,mic position now its by
my chin,its been a bloody PITA to be honest,where's your's positioned
Cheers Baza
Re: And again [message #301408 is a reply to message #301404] Wed, 30 October 2019 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kermit is currently offline  Kermit   United Kingdom
(22) Giacomo Agostini
You had it a month and not tested it yet eek

that said, if it had been mine it wouldn't be due to get tested till April 2020 :-D
Re: And again [message #301420 is a reply to message #301408] Tue, 05 November 2019 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mines on the chin piece but off to one side a bit

suppose it depends on how much space you have. have a play around with positions until it feels right, i had a lot of messing around with the speakers until i got them right
Re: And again [message #301421 is a reply to message #301420] Thu, 07 November 2019 21:39 Go to previous message
(21) Valentino Rossi
pecker wrote on Tue, 05 November 2019 20:13
Mines on the chin piece but off to one side a bit

suppose it depends on how much space you have. have a play around with positions until it feels right, i had a lot of messing around with the speakers until i got them right
Cheers mate,oddly enough with the speakers,you put them in
position the lid dictates and there always at the top of
your ear,never by the ear hole Doh
Previous Topic: New Visor
Next Topic: No Mention of the New Blade?
Goto Forum:

[ PDF ]

Current Time: Sun Jan 24 18:24:14 GMT 2021

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01570 seconds