Honda-Forums.com
Home » General » General Discussion » NEC
NEC [message #301492] Mon, 25 November 2019 08:32 Go to next message
Gearbox is currently offline  Gearbox   United Kingdom
(15) Kenny Roberts
Anyone go? Went for the 1st time for years, enjoyed the day.
Favorite bike was the 650 Norton, 175 bhp wow...

Saw the new blade and it looked lovely, but only stated 160 bhp on the spec sheet. Where have the rest of the ponies gone?
Re: NEC [message #301493 is a reply to message #301492] Mon, 25 November 2019 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kakugo is currently offline  Kakugo   Italy
(19) John Surtees
160kW = 214.5 hp

The Metric System is the Devil's work. Wink
Re: NEC [message #301496 is a reply to message #301493] Tue, 26 November 2019 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(15) Kenny Roberts
Oops, guess I should have put my glasses on. Blush
Re: NEC [message #301499 is a reply to message #301496] Tue, 26 November 2019 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
slaz is currently offline  slaz   United Kingdom
(21) Valentino Rossi
Did'nt go,but read on other sites the bikes where Thumbs Up
But the price of the burgers £10 where Thumb Down
Re: NEC [message #301500 is a reply to message #301499] Wed, 27 November 2019 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(15) Kenny Roberts
Brought sarnies Cool
Much healthier than burgers Yes
Re: NEC [message #301503 is a reply to message #301500] Thu, 28 November 2019 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quazi is currently offline  Quazi   United Kingdom
(22) Giacomo Agostini
Haven't been to a bike show for what must be 15 years now, total con, no bargains to be had because the poor buggers have to pay so much for the stand, they have to up the prices.
Re: NEC [message #301505 is a reply to message #301503] Fri, 29 November 2019 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kermit is currently offline  Kermit   United Kingdom
(22) Giacomo Agostini
Probably about the same time ago for me too and while I agree its likely the prices the trade people have to pay for their stand have gone up greater than inflation (just like C. Tax, Trains, Power etc) I would say a large part of it is the power of the internet and pricing. Used to be when I first got into bikes properly around 1990, the bits I could buy and prices I paid for them where mostly determined by the distance I was prepared to go to a specific dealer or perhaps the M&P catalogue and it was fairly easy for the NEC sellers to slightly undercut those prices + lots more choice than any one dealer could stock under one roof.

With the internet, the common denominator for lowest prices is whatever you can bring up on google and if you trust/know that seller enough to buy online.

Its one of quite a few things I dislike about the internet in that I used to enjoy going to dealers and looking at this bike or that bike or new boots/helmets etc and discovering at first hand whats available but now I when I need those things, I just sit on my arse, google, buy and sit back for a few days waiting for it to arrive, convenient but less of an adventure Sad
Re: NEC [message #301511 is a reply to message #301492] Wed, 04 December 2019 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kakugo is currently offline  Kakugo   Italy
(19) John Surtees
Generally speaking the big bike show to buy stuff around here used to be in Verona, which is usually held in January.
But ticket prices have become downright prohibitive (€20 for the 2020 edition; the cocaine must have been particularly good the day they came up with that) and to be honest the stuff for sale there isn't exactly worth the trouble. The local tyre shop can beat those prices any day of the week and the hardware shop has much better tools for sale. Clothing and helmets? Last time I was there every single stand screamed leftover stock, the stuff nobody buys in a shop because of questionable colour combination, poor quality or odd sizing.

All these retailers will then lament that Internet is taking away their sales, but as the saying goes they fail to see the beam in their own eye: you can't offer such poor merchandise at such outrageous prices and expect to have it good for all eternity. At least not without a government-sanctioned monopoly. Wink
Re: NEC [message #301512 is a reply to message #301511] Wed, 04 December 2019 21:03 Go to previous message
Quazi is currently offline  Quazi   United Kingdom
(22) Giacomo Agostini
I hear ya Kermit, the internet is a pretty souless choice, but it's about cost and suitability, we work hard enough for it, I'm not cjucking it into the bottomless pit of the local dealer who really doesn't give two shits if I buy it or not, which is why they suffer.

There is amuch wider choise on the net than you could ever be exposed to otherwise, if anything it has generated more income for more dealers, not through the door maybe but through the back door virtual basket.

I don't jave the time to brouse the shops either, walking to the front door I can manage. ha ha. Grin
Previous Topic: No Mention of the New Blade?
Next Topic: Ladders
Goto Forum:

[ PDF ]

Current Time: Wed Jul 06 07:28:58 BST 2022

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03516 seconds