Honda-Forums.com
Home » General » Workshop » Headlight fuse blowing
Headlight fuse blowing [message #302291] Sun, 26 April 2020 14:23 Go to next message
insane dogfish is currently offline  insane dogfish   United Kingdom
(1) Club Racer
Hello, i have a honda hornet 600s 2003 , the problem im having is that when i change the headlight fuse it works fine until i put it into gear then it blows ,so im assuming its shorting out somewhere so any ideas to narrow it down would be helpful.

thank you
Re: Headlight fuse blowing [message #302292 is a reply to message #302291] Sun, 26 April 2020 20:01 Go to previous message
Kakugo is currently offline  Kakugo   Italy
(18) Geoff Duke
Hello.
It's always hard to make a diagnosis over the Internet but it sounds like you have a short on a live wire.
If your bike already has the "wired" left switch (no ability to turn on and off the headlight) your problem most likely resides in the starter switch. You should try opening it (by being very very careful) and spraying the innards with contact cleaner or brake cleaner. Avoid using WD40.
If your bike still has the old "dimmer" left switch, that's what you should open up and clean as per above. Be even more careful as these old Honda switches are very difficult to reassemble without Divine intervention. Pray
Previous Topic: Oil and Filter
Next Topic: Coolant Fan
Goto Forum:

[ PDF ]

Current Time: Sun Jan 24 18:29:24 GMT 2021

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01934 seconds