Honda-Forums.com
Home » General » Restores, Rebuilds and Tart ups. » honda vt 125 shadow cam shaft installation Please Help
honda vt 125 shadow cam shaft installation Please Help [message #303244] Mon, 29 November 2021 11:12 Go to next message
jacks01 is currently offline  jacks01   United Kingdom
(1) Club Racer
Im having some difficulty with the installation of the rear camshaft, the service manual doesn't specify whether the lobes should be up or down.

I feel like they should be down as the tappets were loose, i believe before removing the tappet cover. With turning the crank slowly there was no tightening as if it was wrong and turns over fine.

I have tried running it and it does run but the choke doesnt seem to be working as loud or as fast as before, there was also a whining noise, when it stops there is like a 1 sec puff/huff sound. With the head off and it running, it doesnt seem like the whining is from the camshaft. There was also some smoke rising out of the crank case, would this be blow by?

The manual also says to remove the cam tensioner at the start of the operation, unfortunately one bolt was fuked, i have now cut the whole thing off and am waiting for a replacement, could there have been some kind of damage putting the cam sprocket and chain back on the camshaft while under tension?

This bike has been a bit of a nightmare, im about about to move abroad and really need to get it working right and then sold.
Re: honda vt 125 shadow cam shaft installation Please Help [message #303245 is a reply to message #303244] Mon, 29 November 2021 14:01 Go to previous message
jacks01 is currently offline  jacks01   United Kingdom
(1) Club Racer
service manual
Previous Topic: Honda SH50 RESTORSTION
Next Topic: CD250U exhaust install HELP?!
Goto Forum:

[ PDF ]

Current Time: Tue Oct 04 18:15:00 BST 2022

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03466 seconds